Marketpress digital download files corrupt

So I have the problem with digital products in Marketpress where the downloaded files can't be opened (I can FTP the files from the server and open them no problem.). I've seen this same issue posted several times, and the resolution is usually to disable another plugin that's causing it, but at the moment Marketpress is the only plugin I have running.

The files are JPEGs about 200kB in size (I currently have Max upload file size set to 10000kB in the network settings). I tried zipping them but get the same problem (for zipped files it's exactly as described in this post https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wpmudev-files-not-downloading-correctly).

I can get the downloads to work if I add
define('MP_LARGE_DOWNLOADS', true);
to wp-config.php (as mentioned by Aaron in this post https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-downloadable-files-are-corrupt-after-download). That solution turns on redirecting instead of php serving, which I don't want to use for security reasons.

The only other thing I can think of is if a PHP or Apache module is causing it but then downloads work fine with the Easy Digital Downloads plugin that I'm trying out on another domain (same web host).

What else could be the problem?

I'm running Marketpress 2.8 and Wordpress 3.5.1 (as multisite).

• GroovyCanary
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

As far as I know it's not file size related, it just happens the sorts of file sizes I'm dealing with are around 100 - 200k, so not massive.

The server is Apache2/PHP5
    PHP5 modules:

bcmath

BCMath support enabled

bz2

BZip2 Support Enabled
    Stream Wrapper support compress.bz2://
    Stream Filter support bzip2.decompress, bzip2.compress
    BZip2 Version 1.0.5, 10-Dec-2007

calendar

Calendar support enabled

Cheers

Stu

• GroovyCanary
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I tried changing the theme and that cured it, so there's something that's been customised in the child theme causing it. I just need to find what!

Anyway, that's my problem. Just wanted to let you know so you don't waste any time on it.

Thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @GroovyCanary, I hope you're well today!

Thanks for letting us know!

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however you need any further assistance on this issue don't hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.