marketpress: does it support form submission?

Hi guys,

I'm looking at adding a client form to my site, where I can gather information from new clients (something like gravity forms) and have them make payment upon submission via paypal.

does marketpress have provision for this type of thing? are there other plugins that I will need, apart from marketpress?

hoping someone can steer me in the right direction!

cheers

• Ash

Hello @lloyd

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This is not possible out of the box. And I am still not sure what your requirement is. If you please explain a little more, probably we can find any workaround.

Do you just want to store some information for every buyer? Then you can use custom profile field and force him to fill those fields during registration. In that case, the user must login to buy the product.

Please let me know how the form should be viewed.

Cheers
    Ash

• lloyd

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The story is, we draft contracts for the sale of land.
    We have a standard form (PDF) which we sent to our clients, which asks a series of questions and provides us with the information necessary to draft a contract.

at the moment the client has to print out the form, fill in their details, and scan/email or post it back to us.

I'm hoping to improve this process by allowing clients to complete an online form, and upon submission, they are able to pay our fee.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I thought I would ask.

• Ash

Hello @lloyd

I hope you are well today.

This is possible with custom code. Let me share you an idea. You need to use the_content hook and if it is a single product, then add the form, like:

add_filter( 'the_content', 'the_content_cb' );
    function the_content_cb( $content ){
    $form = '';
    if( is_singular( 'product' ) ){
    $form = 'ADD YOUR FORM CODE HERE';
    }
    return $content . $form;
    }

Then the form will be appeared in the single product page.

Now, when the cart is saved, you need to submit the form and save the form data into a custom table or as meta data.

It will need a fair amount of custom code to implement. Also, you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to available in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.