MarketPress doesn't use taxonomy labels, instead hard-codes

I used Rename Taxonomies by WebMan to change the labels on my "categories" to "locations". In the MarketPress frontend results though (the pages), the category labels are still called categories.

Webman says:

My taxonomies are renamed in admin but not in front-end of my website!

Well, this is most likely caused by your theme (or a plugin) hard-coding the taxonomy name. Please contact your theme (or a plugin) developer to update their code and use WordPress taxonomy labels instead of hard-coding it.

Can that be fixed a.s.a.p. please?

  • Nastia

    Hello Roland

    I hope you are doing well today!

    I'm not familiar with the Rename Taxonomies by WebMan, but if you wish to rename your taxonomies, please try the Ultimate Branding plugin. I tested it along with MarketPress and it's working on my installation.

    Once you activate the plugin, navigate to Branding menu and enable the "Network Wide Text Change" module

    Go to Text Cahnge tab, insert inside the fields the text you wish to replace and the text that will replace it.

    In Admin Only option, choose "Both", so the text will be changed on the both sides: Front End and Admin Dashboard.

    I hope this helps!

    Cheers,
    Nastia

  • Roland

    The Ultimate Branding Plugin sort of does what I need, except that this changes the text on all sites in the network, which is not what I want. I only want that change the category label in MarketPress products for one site in the network. Rename Taxonomies does that. It's a very simple plugin, however, it only shows the changes in the admin menus and interfaces, not in the user interface for the reason that I indicated.

    Can this be logged as a bug in MarketPress and fixed please?

  • Sajid

    Hi Roland,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    All labels that are related to product taxonomy are dynamic and not hard coded. You can change those via the plugin you mentioned above (I tested it on my own site and most of the labels on front/bakend are being changed successfully).

    If you are talking to the string Category above filter than I discussed with developer and he says that if we do that then there will be issues with Uncategorized and Categorized. So that is why its a string but its wrapped with gettext call. So you can translate/change it easily without modifying the files directly.

    However, if you just want to change the text per site then I can comeup with the code solution to be used as an mu-plugin and restrict it with ID. But please tell me the exact text and the blog ID where you want to the change.

    You can find the blog ID in Network -> Sites click on edit link of the site and look for the id=XX in the url where XX should the ID number of that site.

    Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards,
    Sajid

  • Sajid

    Hi Roland,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    Well, I am not sure about this but you can also change this text for specific site(s) by using following code. Add it in a child theme functions.php file or use it as mu-plugin.

    add_filter('gettext', 'wpmudev_change_admin_cpt_text_filter', 20, 3);
    function wpmudev_change_admin_cpt_text_filter( $translated_text, $untranslated_text, $domain ) {
    
      $blog_id = get_current_blog_id();
      $allowed_ids = array( 1, 2, 3 );
    
      if ( in_array($blog_id, $allowed_ids) ) {
    
    		  if($untranslated_text == 'Category'){
    		       $translated_text = 'My category' ;
    		  }
    	}
    
       return $translated_text;
    }

    Don't forget to replace the IDs of subsites in $allowed_ids = array( 1, 2, 3 ); with real subsite IDs for those you want to change the text.

    Also, replace the text "My category" accordingly.

    Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.