Marketpress Download Product not accessible for download.

I have a multisite network whose main business is pay for download product. We utilize marketpress as our central payment and delivery gateway ... or will when we can get it properly configured.

Our test product is ordered from the following marketpress driven page: http://sojournertales.com/store/products/music-musical-pick-a-path/

Everything functions well (although we have cosmentic customization issues with the shopping cart system, another time). We can check out and the purchase email including the download link is sent to the recipient.

Unfortunately, the link sent results in an error, as follows (Chrome response below):

The webpage at http://sojournertales.com/store/products/music-musical-pick-a-path/?orderid=563a9f9aa2b6 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

This failure is consistent on every sale through the system. What am I doing wrong? How do I get this fixed before all my network sites start uploading product for downloadable sale in the system?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Tracy,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Tracy

OK, we seem to be getting deeper here. This morning, I discovered that my websites were returning 500 errors on the server. All my accounts appeared to have problems. After a frustrating day trying to get my ISP to deal with the issue, the problem was traced to the following (as noted to me from my ISP in the email I just received):

I have resolved the issue with the 500 errors on your account. The issue is that your scripts are writing to the root /var/tmp and using up the memory allotted for your account. You need to go through your scripts to figure out what is writing to the /var/tmp and fix it to put the files to your account locally vs on the root. The file type names are PAP_Musical.tmp and PAP_Musical.tmp for example. If this continues to be an issue and you can't resolve this, I highly suggest you move to a VPS/dedicated server so that you have control over the root of your server.

Now, the ONLY script that I know of that deals with anything dealing with PAP_Musical is the Marketpress plugin. PAP_Musical is the name of the file for download which keeps failing in the current configuration. Now, it seems, my server was upset by this same system. Did you change any configurations with your access that might have caused this issue?

Should I deactivate this script until the issue can be addressed?

• Tracy

Access granted. Here is the .htaccess contents:

# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions
    <IfModule rewrite_module>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&:wink:s2member_file_download\=.+ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&:wink:no-gzip\=1
    RewriteRule .* - [E=no-gzip:1]
    </IfModule>
    # END s2Member GZIP exclusions

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Hope this helps.

Tracy

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Tracy,

Hope you're well today, sorry about the delay, I'm afraid the access has expired, could you re-grant please?

I've looked at the above and this may be a issue with S2member protecting the downloads, can you disable S2member and then set your .htaccess to just

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.