Marketpress e-commerce- multivendor?

Hi! I would like to create multivendor ecommerce aspect to my site. Is this possible with marketpress e-commerce? (Also, sorry for the multiple plugin questions. I'm trying to figure out how wpmudev will fit into my site building plans)

• Linda

Hi there Kasia

I thought this was the case thanks for confirming...even better that it can actually deal with a multisite :wink:

Just one quick question though...I am finding it pretty hard to figure out what I need to do with regards to the paypal api...on paypal's website it says it requires an ssl...I have the possibility to use let's encrypt on my website, so is that all I have to do or are they talking about something different?

thanks in advance
    Linda

• Linda

Hi there Rupok

thanks a mil for getting back to me on the paypal thing. Ok so will just use the domain's ssl :slight_smile:

Is there a way to setup a standard paypal gateway without venturing into the api thing? I am just a bit concerned that my average client will not be able to set this thing up...I mean is there a sort of woo commerce setup in marketpress where you just put in your paypal email and then it's good to go?

thanks in advance
    Linda

• Linda

Hi again Kasia

Just 2 more questions and I'll get out of your hair :slight_smile:

I've started to translate marketpress to faroese (loving the ease of it :slight_smile: but how do I get the translated version into my site? I have gathered that I need to change the wp lang record? I did that but when I debugged it, it said I had an error on line 7 exactly where I had placed the edited language in the config file....there isn't already a language record in the config file so I have a hard time figuring out where to place it. Do you know?

Also if I make a childtheme with builder for e.g. Parrot, will that child theme not update automatically with the rest of the wpmudev themes and plugins? .e.g can I risk that the site with the child theme breaks at some point because it isn't updated?

thanks in advance
    Linda

• Nithin

Hey Linda,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I've started to translate marketpress to faroese (loving the ease of it but how do I get the translated version into my site? I have gathered that I need to change the wp lang record? I did that but when I debugged it, it said I had an error on line 7 exactly where I had placed the edited language in the config file....there isn't already a language record in the config file so I have a hard time figuring out where to place it. Do you know?

Could you please share the error what you get when you place the code? I suppose the code for your language should be:

define ('WPLANG', 'fo');

And it should be added just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Once done, you'll have to add the MarketPress translated file ie mp-fo.mo , under /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. You'll have to create the following folder, it isn't present.

Also if I make a childtheme with builder for e.g. Parrot, will that child theme not update automatically with the rest of the wpmudev themes and plugins? .e.g can I risk that the site with the child theme breaks at some point because it isn't updated?

When it comes to Upfront, the parent theme would be the Upfront framework, so updating the Upfront theme framework would be enough. Update to an Upfront Framework happens automatically, if you update WPMU DEVs Upfront child theme active.

If you only have your customized child theme, you can download the Upfront Framework directly for the theme page, and extract the folder into /wp-content/themes/ folder.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin