MarketPress eCommerce API + Stripe Connect

In a multisite scenario with a global cart, MarketPress eCommerce + Stripe Connect is the perfect fit for this when it comes to collecting a fee on transactions in your network. Why is this not a thing yet and is there any plans to do this?

Secondly, in the MarketPress eCommerce description, it states "Advanced API support for developers". Where is that API documentation exactly and can Stripe Connect integration be achieved via this API?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Glenton,

In a multisite scenario with a global cart, MarketPress eCommerce + Stripe Connect is the perfect fit for this when it comes to collecting a fee on transactions in your network. Why is this not a thing yet and is there any plans to do this?

MarketPress always had implemented Chained Payments from PayPal and seems that there wasn’t enough interest from members on implementing this with Stripe.

I can move your thread to the Feature and Feedback for this because right now there are no plans for developing this feature.

Where is that API documentation exactly and can Stripe Connect integration be achieved via this API?

I apologize for that – this phrase is misleading. At the moment there is no API documentation :slight_frown: – I have requested a correction on the MarketPress description.

As for the API, it should be helpful, however, I will consult this with MarketPress developer to be sure. I’ll let you know.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Simplebutcreative Media
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I’ve been asking for this feature for a couple of years now…smh lol

There’s no other multisite ecommerce plugin like Marketpress. But the lack of feature updates is holding me back from implementing my 2 ideas.

I prefer Stripe 1000% over Paypal. I HATE PAYPAL!!!

This might sound stupid to you guys but I TURN DOWN customers if they want to pay me using Paypal. I’d rather take a personal check instead of Paypal lol.

FCK PAYPAL!!!

• Glenton

For $500+ per year, you’d think these plugins would be more feature-filled, there have been no significant features added to the majority of WPMUDEV plugins for years. Adding insult to injury, with the exception of Forminator Pro, none of the plugins have webhooks or APIs so building our own integrations is nonexistent. Market Press is the only truly unique plugin in their collection, but still, we can’t integrate anything into it. For the rest of their plugins, there is a better version for each one elsewhere.

Very frustrating…probably won’t be renewing my membership next year.

• Simplebutcreative Media

Despite the lack of attention for Marketpress, this membership is still worth it for me.

This is still one of my better investments. I’m not happy that they’re pushing Marketpress to the side but they have so much more positive than negative. I’m going to stick around for a while.

I’m still hopeful about Marketpress. As it is, Marketpress is great on single installations. I just wish they would give more attention to the multisite side of things specifically the stripe integration.

Stripe is already being utilized in commission distribution with other plugins. You’ll see this capability in multi-vendor plugins.

So I’m sure they can do the same for multisites. But are they willing to add this feature? I don’t think so. They say there’s not enough members using Marketpress due to the popularity of Woo.

If they keep up with features they can easily compete with Woo. Marketpress offers more as a standalone single installation.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.