marketpress ecommerce help with creating wholesale and retail pricing

I sell both wholesale and consumer pricing products on the site I am building. I am using Marketpress, and what I would like to do is separate these two product types. I want to make the wholesale products only accessible to wholesale customers. Now there are a couple things that I am struggling with. 1.) removing wholesale products from the products page. 2.) make these wholesale product membership protected, with a customizable sign up form.

Basically I want to create two seperate halves to the store, make one only accessible to members and have it function well.

• Ash

Hello @Brandon

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

What about make it more simple? Like you can use a multisite. For example, your main network site: myshop.com

You will create two subsites: wholesale.myshop.com and retailer.myshop.com. So, you can keep two types of product totally different. Add membership plugin only at wholesale site. Or even, if you have fixed wholesale distributor, then you don't need any membership plugin - just make that site private using our Multisite Privacy plugin.

In this way, these two types will be totally separate and you can control both from the one single network.

Let me know how does it sound.

Cheers
    Ash

• Brandon

@Ashok I've thoguht about it, but my goal was to incorporate all of these products and options into one site, and make it as easy as possible for my client to work on this site themselves once we are up and running. My concern is that doing this would over complicate this for them, am I wrong?

I guess a better question is then, can I use the multisite option to make this as simple as possible for my client as well?

• Ash

Hello @Brandon

Out of the box this might be possible if you use categories. Like you will have only two categories - WholeSale and Retail. Then add the products according to those categories.

Use our protected content plugin to protect the WholeSale categories. You will have one membership (for wholesaler) and add wholesale category in this membership. You also need to use Custom Post Type restriction add on of protected content to protect individual products.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Brandon

Hello @Ashok I hve installed the multisite as you suggested and it works pretty well. Now I am trying to work on marketpress. when you install marketpress normally it creates three pages on your site, only the one you can edit. But I don't see them on my first multisite, not the subdomain site. Is this normal? Is this a proble with my installation? Will the store still work without these pages?

• Ash

Hello @Brandon

I hope you are well today.

Did you select the product, store page slugs from Products > Store Settings > Presentation? If yes, would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Brandon

Hi @Ashok, I actually figured this out by reading another thread. All I had to do was go into the marketpress message section and hit save I think. anyway it was something like that, then those pages magically appeared.

I do have another question about protected pages though?

I am trying to create the wholesale section of this site as a membership site, that store owners have to register with to get access to the preferred pricing. so I figured I could use protected content for that. What is the best way to do this, and is there a way to reconfigure the sign up form to the information I want to receive from new prospective wholesalers?

• Ash

Hello @Brandon

Very glad to know that your previous issue is solved now :slight_smile:

Yes, you can use protected content plugin to protect the pages. But as this is product, and product is a custom post type, you need to enable custom post type add on from Dashboard > Protect Content > Add ons. If you want to protect all products in that site, you can try URL protection add on. In that case, you just need to protect one url with regular expression like: http://domain.com/store/(*)

So, any url starts with http://domain.com/store/ will be protected.

About the extra information, editing the default registration page will be difficult, it will need fair amount of custom code to customize the plugin. The easiest way is to use BuddyPress where you can create unlimited number of custom registration field. Or you can use any form builder plugin like Gravity Form. But in both case, you will need to send the user to membership page to let them buy.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Brandon

What I want to do on the wholesale site of the multisite I've set up is have people need to sign up to get the ability to place an order at the wholesale pricing. I don't want anyone to be able to just show up to the site and have access to these products at the wholesale pricing.

Also, I want them to have to give certain information when they sign up, not the typical information collected in the sign up form used in protected content.

I've used a multisite like or someone else suggested to seperate my wholesale and retail products and that was a great idea. Now I have two sites, connected through a multi site, one with the whole and the other with retail and store information.

One other question, do you know of a calendar plugin that will let me use the same calednar on multiple sites?

thanks

brandon

• Ash

Hello @Brandon

To enable per site registration, you may try this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

What are you using for showing the wholesale products? Are you using our marketpress plugin?

There is no approval functionality in Membership or Protected content plugin. What you can do is to create two subscription - A and B.

A should be default level, an user should register for level A. Under B level, you will make the products available. When an user is registered, you will manually move that user to level B (like approval). Only then the user will get access of the product pages.

I am not aware of any plugin that allows to share same calendar in all subsites. Do you want it to be a events calendar?

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.