Marketpress eCommerce Installation Error

I'm having an issue installing the Marketpress plugin. When I install and activate the plugin I only see the "Manage Orders" and "Store Settings" sub-menus.

I am running the latest version of Wordpress and have installed the newest version of the plugin. Additionally I have deactivated all other plugins with no results.

Any push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @David,

That is strange. I've not seen this happen before. Have you ever used role modification plugins on this site?

Could you try creating a brand new account and changing it to an administrator role? See if that account can access the rest of the menu items.

Best regards,

• David
    • Flash Drive

I have not used any role modification plugins on this site. I'll create a new administrative account and check to see if the menus appear, but I'm skeptical as I am logged in as the super admin.

Now that I think of it, when I first attempted to install this plugin I encountered an error in the WPMU Dashboard. Perhaps this caused only part of the plugin to install correctly. If this is so, would it help if I deactivated the plugin, uninstalled it, deleted the files and dropped any Marketpress tables from my database?

• David
    • Flash Drive

I just wanted to give an update for anybody else that might have a similar issue. After further research, I believe that this issue was the result of having the Wordpress installation in a subdirectory. Once I moved it to the root the plugin functioned as intended.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @David,

Good to hear you got this worked out. I've had MarketPress installed in a subdirectory before and not seen this. It may have been a combination of things. Glad it's fixed now.

Regarding the error, might have helped to just reinstall the MarketPress files, but wouldn't need to go as far as resetting the database/settings side of things.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.