[MarketPress eCommerce] Marketpress custom order Numbers

Hi,
Would it be possible to set a custom order number series in market press? Currently it is set to a long list of random numbers and letters, preferably I would like a shorter order number perhaps starting 10001 etc or similar. Makes it easier for the customer to type and eliminates errors when contacting us regarding their order.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Discopants

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The orders are numbered this way to make sure that they are unique and difficult to "guess" (as there's a publicly available "order check" form). If they were numbered with just a simple, sequential IDs it would be very easy to check pretty much all the orders' details knowing just one random order number - so any unauthorized person could easily "hack" view of any client.

However, there is a filter built-in into the order number generator so it's possible to hook up to it and change the way these IDs are generated. I''ve asked our developers for a helping hand on this so they could take a look at that and suggest a solution for you.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and I (or one of my colleagues) will update you here as soon as they got back to us with proposed solution.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hello Discopants,

I hope you're well today!

I have prepared a custom snippet which you can use as a guide here :
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/9582a9d7b7a52718b62b1e42d9f5de0f

You can download a zip, unzip it and upload file mp-custom-order-number.php to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If that folder doesn't exist you can simply create it.

After activating this, please go to Store Settings -> General scroll down to the end. On Advanced Settings section, you can change the Initial Order Number. In your case, it should be 10000 ( default is "00000" ).

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read about them here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/
    or you can paste it in your child theme's functions.php file.

Kind regards,
    Tho Bui

• Discopants
    • Flash Drive

Hi Thank you for this, I have decided to still use marketpress as can still get ongoing support

I have implemented this and it works quite well however when the client submits a quote it goes straight to the status page but the original quote number format of random numbers and letters still shows there but its changed ok in the quote list in admin area, is there a way to have it displayed on the first status page? either that or css code to hide it as its not really necessary at that point as they will only need the quote number when they receive their quotation

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.