[MarketPress eCommerce] Marketpress for Rental Properties?

Hello,
I am trying to create page to rent three identical "horse trailers" on every Saturday.
Before I spend too much time with this, please could you review the following steps that I plan to execute?

1. Create a page describing the trailer.
2. Create the trailer as a "Service"
3. Create a "Service Provider"? Do I need to do this?
4. Book appointments

As you can see it's not clear to me. Please could you help?

Thanks,

Gaurav

• jnkfrancis

Hi Gaurav,

It sounds like you are talking about Appointments+ rather than MarketPress.

So in general what I would do in your case is start with a page that describes the rental service, terms and conditions, pictures price etc. You will need that later when you create the service.

This next part will sound strange, but you will then want to create a user for each of your 3 trailers, you can call them Trailer 1, 2 and 3 and give them phony email addresses if you want. You will do that by going to Users > Add New. Then you will want to "Add a New User" and when you do that be sure to check the box "Skip confirmation email". You can then edit each user and set their display name to whatever you want it to say. Like Trailer 1 for example. You can also create a "profile" page for each trailer if they are unique or you want to post pictures of the trailer or something, but it is not required. You will use these "users" as Service Providers later.

Next, we'll hop over to Appointments+ and create the trailer rental as a service, let's call it Trailer Rental. (We're skipping over the calendar and payment settings, those are pretty straightforward) You will attach the description page we created earlier and save this service. You'll be coming back to it before we're totally done. Save that and move on to the "Service Providers" tab.

Then you would create a service provider for each trailer (Trailer 1, Trailer 2, Trailer 3) using the users we created earlier. That way people can book one of the 3 trailers as a "service provider" to provide the Trailer Rental Service. You can set them as "Dummy" providers, that way an email won't be generated and sent to our fake email accounts.

Now you will go back to the "Services" tab and set the capacity to 3, that way you can have 3 people book a trailer at a time, but no more than 3.

From there you will want to use the shortcodes to put the scheduler on a page and direct people to that page to book the trailers.

Here is a listing of the available shortcodes and attributes:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/appointments-shortcode-reference/

Make sure that you always include the [app_confirmation] shortcode, otherwise, your clients won't be able to confirm their rental.

Of course, you will want to go back over the other settings like availability, and price etc. to fine tune your rental service to the way you want it.

We have a pretty comprehensive guide here that you might find interesting: Build an Amazing Appointments Website
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/build-an-amazing-appointments-website/

Thanks!

Jeremy

• jnkfrancis

Hi Gaurav,

There is nothing preventing a user from going back and making subsequent reservations for the trailer over multiple weekends. They would need to do so by making an individual "appointment" for each booking. As it stands Appointments+ doesn't have the ability to book multiple appointments in one session.

There is a workaround where you could integrate Appointments+ with MarketPress (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/). It would require the user to still book multiple, individual appointments but then they could pay for them all at once. You can read more about that workaround here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/allow-users-to-book-multiple-sessions-in-appointments

This feature would be something you would want to talk to a developer about customizing, and if you would like you could also start a thread on our "Features and Feedback" forum and see if other members might find that same feature useful.

Have a great day!

Jeremy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.