[MarketPress eCommerce] MarketPress: Full Width Product Pages

1. I am configuring MarketPress on WP's Twenty Seventeen Theme. Can you guide me through setting Product pages to use the full-width template instead of the default page template? As you can see from the example link below, the sidebar is cramping the product's style.

Example Product: http://www.idreamtlastnight.com/applewoods/store/products/cgctests/

2. On the top of the product page, it automatically sets the featured image as a banner across the top of the page. How can I turn this feature off? It seem redundant with the same image displayed above the product title.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hope today is magic for you. If no one has told you this today, you are awesome.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Daysha,

Hope you had a nice weekend :slight_smile:

You can change the look in two ways, "hard way" and "easy way", let me explain both below and you can decide which one suits you better.

The easy way would be to go to Store Settings > Presentation and under "Product Page Section" disable "Show Product Image?" option.
    This will remove MarketPress' featured image which will give you more space for your product content and you will still have the featured image on top.

The hard way would be to edit the theme files a bit and achieve your desired look for products that way.
    First thing you will need to do is to create a child theme if you don't have it already, this will ensure that the changes you made don't get overwritten by the theme update.

What you will need then is to create single-product.php template based on the single.php from the theme, remove the sidebar code and apply 100% width to the content.
    I've attached the file with these changes which you can unzip and place in your child theme root folder.

Next thing is to copy header.php to your child theme as well and in there add a condition to not load theme featured image in products.
    I've also edited this file and attach it below so you can use that.

Once both files are in your child theme you should see the product using full width without top featured image being used.

Let us know if that does the trick for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.