[MarketPress eCommerce] MarketPress Variations & Images

Hi Guys
I'm setting up some products - let's say Shorts...
Shorts 1 comes in XS, S , M, L sizes.
As soon as I choose to set up variations, the option of having a Gallery of images disappears?
I'd like to have a Front shot, Side shot, Rear shot and Detail shot of eash pair of Shorts.
But as soon as I need them to be available in multiple sizes - that option disappears.

Am I missing something?
It seem very strange logic not to be able to have multiple photos per variation.
IS there a way around this - as it's a dealbreaker on whether I can use MP or not.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dan

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

In case of products with variations there's indeed no "main gallery" as images added to variations "replace it". I realize that it's a bit "against trends" but it's not a bug. I have moved this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum section as a feature request so other WPMU DEV Members could also vote for it and if it gets more support, our developers may consider adding a "full gallery" to variations in future.

As a workaround, you can use additional content for variations. When you're editing a variations, set a main image for it and then scroll the variation editing popup all the way down and enable the "Additional Content /Information for this Variation" option, then select "HTML Markup" radio button and click on "Edit Description". This will let you add additional description to the variation, along with additional images - you can use a regular WP Editor there, meaning that you can add media or even a regular native WP gallery.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dan

When you say "against trends" you mean "makes variations completely impractical" :wink:
    Using the Additional Content section is OK for me, as a developer, but asking a Client to go through that process for each and every variation... (also, there's no way to go back to the Product after you've entered those additional details and saved it)
    Plus, they don't actually show up until the Visitor has selected a size...
    And even then, they're just images somewhere below the main one and cant be clicked through like a gallery as you would for a single product.

Who decided that was a good idea?

It's a shame, because the rest of it seems really simple to use and the templateing system is way simpler than the convoluted mess that is WooCommerce.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dan

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I realize that it's not "the best possible solution" here and I understand how "inconvenient" that might be :slight_frown: I really hope that more Members will vote for changing that. I'm not able to "set plans" for developers (in that sense that I'm not in a position to "force tasks to do" for them) but I'll also talk about that internally (though I can't make any promises). And so far, let's keep this ticket open for other Members to join the discussion as well :wink:

Thank you for your feedback again!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.