[MarketPress eCommerce] PayPal Chained Payments

How do I enable PayPal Chained Payments? I've enabled the global cart, but only see PayPal Express Checkout as a possible global gateway.

According to the documentation, When the global cart is active, only the PayPal Express Checkout gateway is available for use on the network.

But to do chained payments, the documents say In the case of MarketPress, we provide this via the PayPal Chained Payments gateway.

Where do I find the Chained Payments Gateway?
Thanks!

• Techtomic
    • Techie

Ahh so I only get that with turning off the global cart.

I turned off global cart, turned on chained payments on site 1, then it appeared as a gateway in network store admin (it wasn't there before). So if it can't be set as the global cart's checkout (instead of paypal express) do I just disable all other gateways to have the same effect?

• Techtomic
    • Techie

More significant problem, is that I'm not able to create a new PayPal App to be able to fill in the field "Application ID (Live)".

From PayPal:
    Adaptive Payments applications are no longer available since December 1st 2017. We're not onboarding any new merchants with Adaptive Payments.

Does this mean in effect that the whole capability of "creating a network of sites like Etsy" as the documentation states: allowing you, the store network owner, to collect your share of the profits for a sale, while allowing your store owners to be sent the rest, is no longer possible?

How can we achieve a similar effect with MarketPress?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Techtomic

Just to make this clear, Chained Payments can't work with global cart, but with separate carts per each site of the multisite installation. For global cart, only PayPal Express is available.

About the Paypal Adaptive payments, could you please inform me which setting exactly in MarketPress asks for that? Cause I was unable to locate it so far and all PayPal settings that I see doesn't require anything more than email, username, password and signature.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Techtomic
    • Techie

Hi Dimitris,

When you enable PayPal Chained Payments, go to the network admin, Settings, Store Network.

Under the PayPal Chained Payments section at the bottom, the last field is:
    Application ID (Live)
    You must register this application with PayPal using your business account login to get an Application ID that will work with your API credentials. A bit of a hassle, but worth it! In the near future we will be looking for ways to simplify this process. Register then submit your application while logged in to the developer portal. Note that you do not need an Application ID for testing in sandbox mode.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Techtomic

I'm really sorry for the miscommunication here, it's been a while since I'd used this specific functionality. After making some tests and reading PayPal's documentation, it seems that Chained Payments are using the deprecated Adaptive Payments indeed, so if you don't have any approved application already, you can't submit a new one.
    I've already asked our developers about any alternatives that could be used from PayPal, even though I couldn't find anything relatively close in PayPal documentation pages.
    I will keep you posted here, as soon as we've got any insights from our developers on this subject.
    :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.