[MarketPress eCommerce] vendor place for others

HI,

Is it possible to be a vendor place on the store for others, with automated payments workflow
+
Is it possible to sell on my store as a affiliate for the store of somebody else?

Sorry, bad english, hope I got it right

Kind regards, Betty

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Betty

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

Is it possible to sell on my store as a affiliate for the store of somebody else?

Yes, this is possible out of the box. When you're adding a new product in MarketPress you can set "Product Kind" option to "External /Affiliate Link". You'll be then able to add a link so a "buy" button will take your shoppers to your affiliate link.

Is it possible to be a vendor place on the store for others, with automated payments workflow

It is doable but it's a bit more complex. You would need to run the plugin on a WordPress Multisite (not a regular single WP install) where each "vendor" would have his/her own sub-site with the store.

That can actually be automated a bit with a little help of two additional plugins of ours: "Pro Sites" (optional - if you want to charge them for setting up and maintaining the store; for example monthly or yearly) and "New Blog Templates".

The "New Blog Templates" plugin is a tool that lets you create a "demo site": you can set up an entire site with a store, theme, other plugins and even some content (such as posts or even products) and when somebody creates a new site on your Multisite, his/her new site will be an exact copy of that "demo site" - so a ready to use, nearly fully configured site.

Then there's an aspect of payments. There are two common scenarios: vendors' stores are "independent" (optionally, there's a global shopping cart so customers don't have to make purchases separately in each store) or there's no global cart but you can grab a fee (percentage) of each sale/payment made to your vendors.

The first case is simple and doesn't require any special configuration. Vendors simply configure their payment gateways' details and that's pretty much all. You can enable or disable global cart but that's up to you.

The second case is a bit more complex. MarketPress on Multisite should be "network enabled" and then you need to make sure that its "global cart" option is disabled. This would let you use PayPal Chained Payments where you configure how big fee (%) of each sale you wish to charge and the plugin along with PayPal takes care of distributing payments properly between all the sellers and you.

If you have any additional questions, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.