MarketPress ecommerce

Hi there,

I’m lost. I have a wordpress website with a custom theme all set up how i like with layout, colours etc.

I added Marketpress coz i need ecommerce and those pages look terrible. They look so plain. How do i make those pages look good? i want it to look like a proper ecommecre site?

In live chat they suggested a marketpress theme but i don’t want to change the look of my whole site, just make the shopping cart part look good? or better than it is which is terrible!

How do i do it?

Thanks for your help.

Scott

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Scott. Welcome to WPMU Dev.

I added Marketpress coz i need ecommerce and those pages look terrible. They look so plain. How do i make those pages look good? i want it to look like a proper ecommecre site?

It would be handy if you could please provide a link so we can see what the issue is and what needs changing. Could you please provide that?

Ultimately the theme controls the design and style, its the theme which makes the site. Minimal CSS is used within plugins generally, so that when you come to change designs they continue to work and look well.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Yeah I see what you mean there, it works but to fit the sites style you would need to do some CSS editing there.

It really depends on what you want to achieve. But the best thing to do would be pop open the CSS files and and have a play with the colours in there to match them to your sites design. Simple changes like I have attached will make it feel more like the design.

The MarketPress plugin simply sets some default styles which does work well with most themes, but to get the exact look and feel, it does occasionally take a bit of custom CSS.

Taking a look at the gridmarket theme should give you an idea of how you could incorporate those styles within your own theme to get the exact look you need.

Hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.