MarketPress error

Hi, I have installed a MarketPress shop on one of my websites and I am manually trying to add a product. I cannot save drafts or publish the product, the screen goes blank and gives me a “-1” thats all on the whole screen.

Please help!

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Can you please check your error_log and let me know the output?

You can check with your host if you are unsure where they are as they will know their environment best.

Can you also please check for conflicts by disabling all other plugins and then testing again. Occasionally themes can also cause this so please try with the default Twenty Eleven theme.

If you can’t do that on your install because its a production site then please do it on your staging/sandbox website.

Let me know.

Take care.

• interDesign Studio99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy

I did as you said and it works with no plugins and the default theme.

Thats great, but that doesn’t help me because now I have to switch themes?

The Log doesn’t show errors, or triggers errors.

Is there no documented error like mine with a possible fix? I’m using the Theme Abundance from Kriesi.

Any advice on where to start to look would be much appreceated.

Thanks.

Regards

• interDesign Studio99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thats a real pain, its a live production site and the theme has to be the one that the site has (which is the one that doesn’t work with the plugin).

A work around, is that for adding and saving the products, we switch to the default theme and then put it back to the live one.

Thats the only workable solution so far.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

That doesn’t sound like an ideal solution really.

If you can’t do this as its a production site then could you not do it on your staging/sandbox site? If you don’t have one then it would be worth creating one to test changes before moving them to your live site.

I’m surprised there are no errors in the log though. :disappointed:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.