Marketpress error message for Coupon Codes

Anyone ever seen this error message in Marketpress when viewing the add a coupon section in the Dashboard? Any suggestions?

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in .../wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 5607

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @camparoo
    If you've already updated to the latest release of Marketpress then try this link for a beta version. I had in my notes that this Beta solved that problem. I didn't put a date on it so don't know if it's still in Beta or not

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cant-add-coupon-in-marketpress#post-259651

There was another option about logging into the database and editing the wp_options table in the DB, delete the option row named 'mp_coupons'.

I decided on using the Beta personally as when I checked into the database on my multisite I couldn't find the proper table.

I deactivated marketpress and then installed the Beta

• camparoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Dean Kaus, can you do me a really quick favor?
    I have cleared my cache multiple times, with no joy. My product image shows up in Google Chrome, but not in FireFox. If you have FireFox, can you take a quick peek and see if there is a product image there?

http://parmaimagecollection.com/store/products/istanbul-small

This is just so irritating, and I don't want to either advise someone about changes to a plugin where I can't see the results or proceed with adding more content 'till I know it is working correctly...

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya !

Thanks a lot for the great discussion here :slight_smile: A few points to Dean's way for jumping on to this one,

If you have FireFox, can you take a quick peek and see if there is a product image there?

I checked and it appears fine. Perhaps you need to reset your firefox settings or perhaps update it to the latest version.

PFA the image

Cheers
    PC
    WPMU DEV Support

• camparoo

LOL - PFA<----? Sorry, I don't know that one. Thanks so much! I have the web developers toolkit, and cleared the cache multiple times, but after 11 hours, it gets to be more than a bit questionable. Yay! Thanks much!

Now I can start adding the other 2999 images...

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

PFA - oops, I think my text suggestion did not work :stuck_out_tongue: It should have been converted to "Please find the Screenshot Attached" lol

Now I can start adding the other 2999 images...

Wow, that is nice :slight_smile: have fun over the weekend !

Cheers
    PC
    WPMU DEV Support

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@pc thanks for the points! really appreciate them

@camparoo I visited the site and tried to do a screen capture and ended up locking up my system and had to reboot. sorry to take so long.

So what I saw when I went to your page I intitally saw the same thing that @pc posted.
    When I click on the Parma Image Store (not the dropdown menu) I get the first screen capture I'm attaching.

The second screen capture is from when I hovered over the Parma Image in top menu then selected products the second screen capture is what I got

Hope this helps. Sorry it took me so long to get this for you

• camparoo

Hi Dean,

Yes, I have not set up the store page LOL. It's nice that Marketpress sets this up with generic shortcode for people to start with. I know it looks wrong (as I have done some REALLY creative things with this theme, I am not surprised there are errors in displaying unordered lists). The fact that you also are not seeing a product image in FireFox is very troubling. You are on a Mac?

OK, I have been editing video all day (which really can slow things down), so am doing a restart now, and will check all shortly. Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Man I nearly missed all of the PFA action. That's what happens when you have to reboot.

At anyrate @camparoo I remember there was another thread with either the same exact problem or really close. I remember reading something about the green arrows overlapping on the products page and product not appearing correctly.

I'll take a quick look and then need to get some zzzz'ss ( just so you know that's just sleep. LOL) BTW I thought that PFA stood for Pretty Friggen Awesome

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

My real job (that's not paying very well) is Photography and Video. My wife and I own Kaus Photography, Video and DJ in Illinois in the US (not sure where your from)

So is that one of the videos you edited?

Anyway I've been a PC guy (even though the majority of the other creatives are mac)

I could do things on the PC years before the Mac was capable. Then the software cost a lot more. So I just stuck with the PC. Besides I can do my own build out and not get stuck with the Mac setup.

• camparoo

Dean,

I am out in California. I studied graphic design and started work as a web/flash designer. My college used all Macs, so that's what I use (though I do own a PC for testing Vista and Win 7).

The silly vid was a college project on key lighting and green screen. The silly 'star' would be me LOL.

I was really struggling when the economy collapsed. My youngest kid is disabled and I had to quit my job right when all went to crap. I starved for a while, but found an entertaining niche.

A lot of people who lost their jobs decided that becoming a web designer would be a great option. They flooded my market and I couldn't complete with the prices they were offering to work for. Solution? I took up 'tutoring'. I teach people who don't know what the heck they are doing how to do web design.

It generally takes two to three sessions for them to conclude that they are too clueless to ever really get it, and then they pay me to make their stuff work they way their clients want it to.

So, they find the clients, they bid the jobs, and they deal with the silly issues and requests. I get paid by the hour to add all of the php custom functions, all of the silly CSS required, do all of the theme edits, and customize all of the plug-ins they are not capable of editing on their own.

Toots, just look for the people encroaching on your market, and make them pay to learn how to do it right. Be so bad-arse that they know that it is just not something they are capable of doing, and then offer to help them on an as-needed basis.

There is no need to struggle in this economy! I am sure you have the skills that other fools are offering for far less. Only thing is, they really don't know what they are doing, and need help! Teach the idiots - make it clear that they are not actually up for the job so you get repeat business - and make them pay for it - and relax!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the inspiration @camparoo I'll have to check into that. i'm a member of a small leads/referrals group http://www.westsuburbanreferralsgroup.com (the short domain name wasn't available LOL) Anyway I'll have to find the video that I threw together for a presentation to the group. I was notified at 10pm that I was scheduled to present at 7:30 the next morning. Of course to add pressure I was told the restaraunt where we meet ruched to put in a HD TV as they were looking forward to seeing my work. I did have one commercial that I had just finnished but was told that I wasnt allowed to show, talk about, or even use any of the custom graphics I designed as the partners were fighting and in court about who owned what.

So any way I'll try to upload what I threw together in just a couple of hours.

Thanks again for your support and ideas for potential income stream. Of course out here the idiots don't ask for help, they prefer to be idiots. LOL

• camparoo

Dean Kaus, the idiots who don't ask for help also keep us in business LOL. Stupidity tends to drive clients elsewhere. Go figure.

Quick suggestion (for me to make, not for you to do) is to create a generic consumer video promoting your services.

Last month, a local TV station asked me if they could promote my business by providing info on my services on their home page as a cool local business. I refused. Big time.

And, yes, I know I could have earned a whole lot more money doing this, but I have more work than I can handle right now, and I would be a terrible boss. Not because I am an arse, but because I tend to cover other people's inabilities with my own skills on my own time. I expect far more of me than I do of anyone else, and I correct everyone's inability to meet my standards.

In short, I am the Mummy. I fix all and do all and make everything OK for everyone. Great for a project manager, impossible for being the boss.

I do have some silly stuff on YouTube. Not seeking work, but simply up for posterity. Check it if you like!

Look here...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.