Marketpress Errors in Log AND causing Newly Created Pages to redirect to Home Page

I installed Marketpress yesterday and added all of the set-up info, a product and tested the checkout process. All went smoothly.
Today I created a new page and find that every time I try to access it, either from the front end of the site or the "View Page" tab on the Pages Tab of the Dashboard, the page redirects - or actually goes directly to the Home Page.
I disabled all plugins and reinstalled them one by one since after disabling them the page worked just fine. It is definitely a conflict with Marketpress.

In the error log I just generated with Debugging enabled via my wp-config.php file, these errors showed for Marketpress:

[19-Feb-2012 06:43:11] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: store_object in /.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1319
[19-Feb-2012 06:43:13] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: store_object in /.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1319
[19-Feb-2012 06:43:17] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1514
[19-Feb-2012 06:43:17] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1518
[19-Feb-2012 06:43:17] PHP Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy in /..../public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1073
[19-Feb-2012 06:43:17] PHP Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy in /.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1073
[19-Feb-2012 06:43:18] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: store_object in .../public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1319

Can anyone decode these messages and possibly suggest a fix that allows me to create new Pages on my site that Actually Display? (That's sorta important, ya know :wink: )

Cheers!
Isis

• aecnu

Greetings isis,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I disabled all plugins and reinstalled them one by one since after disabling them the page worked just fine.

Now we are getting somewhere ..... these errors are similar to the ones you are receiving with the Infinite SEO plugin.

To figure out which plugin or plugins may be causing these errors one would want to disable/deactivate all the plugins to the point that the errors are not occurring and testing that the page works fine.

Then re-activating them one at a time, re-testing the page after each re-activation, until the errors started again making note of which plugin it was that the errors started again. Deactivate that plugin to be sure the page returns to normal then go forward again re-activating the remaining plugins one at a time to see if there are any more possibly interfering with the plugin.

Please advise to the results of this trouble shooting technique.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings isis,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• isis

Hi Joe,

I'll just copy and paste what I put in on the other thread I started as it was ALL related to the same user (me :slight_smile: ) error,

I did work through to the solution through the suggestions here and on the other thread. Someone was smart enough - don't remember who, but a big "high-five" to whomever it was - to mention "cache". That got me headed in the right direction. As I posted on the other thread:

The problem was related to having not completely uninstalled one cache program before installing another. Rookie mistake - certainly won't do that again! I think by the time I resolved all of this, I was just too exhausted to put up the solution.

However, if anyone ever changes their minds about which cache program to use, definitely search for information on how to completely uninstall the current cache you have running. Unlike simple plugins (because of their very nature) cache plugins create at the very least a new folder in wp-content called "cache" and most of the times will also create at least one, sometimes two other xxx-cache.php files also in the wp-content folder (not embedded in the plugin folder).

So for any coding/debugging/error log newbies out there like myself, should you start to see lots of crazy, wacky PHP warnings immediately search for the word "cache" in them. If you find that word, go looking to make sure you have a properly installed cache program OR have properly removed all folders and files associated with a deactivated/deleted cache plugin.

Thanks for checking in to see that I had been able to move on! :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Isis

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.