MarketPress + Events+ Integration Bug with Payment

Steps to replicate:

# Activate MP and configure a payment gateway
# Then Activate Events+
# In Events+ Addons, enable the "Payments via MarketPress Products" Addon
# Then create a paid Event and a MP Product.
# Link that Paid Event to that MP Product.
# Now go to that Event page front-end. Click "I'm Attending"
# It will say: You haven't paid for this event
Click here to purchase your ticket
# Click "Click here to purchase your ticket"
# It takes you to the MP Cart Page but the cart is empty.

The linked MP product is not added to the Cart. But the linked MP product should be added to the cart so users can pay for their ticket.

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Jon

I apologize for the inconvenience you're having with this.

I just checked the task on our system but our developers are still working on this. Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to resolve this. But once the hotfix or new plugin version will be available we'll post it here.

However, I'll ping our developers and I believe they will come here with the solution very soon. We appreciate your patience!

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Jon

Hi,

Just as an update.... I have spent all weekend trying to think of a way to get around this bug so I can get the website up and live and thought that changing the payment method over to direct payment via PayPal from within Events+ would sort this issue for the time being.... but it doesn't work as needed as I need the ability to buy either single or tables of 8,10 or 12.... but.... also I updated the plugin to the latest version as released on the 23rd October while doing this. And now all of the eab_archive shortcodes I have installed to get Events+ to work as required are not showing an output on the front end of the website, so no events are showing on either my front page or the custom page I am using for events... even when I use the default slug of /events nothing is showing.

I know that the changelog for 1.9.7 shows " Fixed: Archived Events shortcode " but how is it fixed when everything is now not working at all ???

I am losing my mind over this and my anxiety is growing all the time :slight_frown:

Cheers

Jon

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Jon

I apologize for the inconvenience you're having with this.

I've just checked and [eab_archive] shortcode works fine on my test installation with the latest version of the Events+. Could you please provide us with full shortcode code that you're using?

In order to diagnose your issue, I'd request you to perform plugin conflict test if it's possible:
    The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: membership) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

Let us know about results.

If it doesn't give any results, then could you please enable wp debug? This helps us to see if there are any errors on your site.

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Then visit one of the pages where you're using these shortcodes and where shortcodes don't work. After this, go to /wp-content folder (via FTP or cPanel) and check if debug.log file is there. If it's there, please download it and attach to your next reply.

Also, could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look at your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Jon

Hi,

You can find the areas where I am using the Events+ shortcodes here :

http://wordpress-119254-340348.cloudwaysapps.com/
    This is the homepage and you will find where the shortcodes should be outputting under the Upcoming Events Header

http://wordpress-119254-340348.cloudwaysapps.com/hgt-events/
    This is the main Events page

I thought I had attached the debug file, but trying again for you with this message :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jon

• Ash

Hello Jon

I have checked you debug log and found no serious error but some warnings.

Would you please go to lib/class_eab_collection.php line no 200-205 and remove the following:

'compare' 	=> '<',
    		    			'type' 		=> 'DATETIME'
    					),
    					array(
    		    			'key' 		=> 'incsub_event_end',
    						'value' 	=> date( "Y-m-d H:i", $time ), // Events those already started now

If it still doesn't work, please let me know the exact shortcode you are using.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Jon

Hi,

I've tried this but nothing changes...

The shortcode I am using is:

[eab_archive lookahead="yes" weeks="52" with_thumbnail="yes"]

Although when I use this shortcode:

[eab_archive]

I get an old event showing that has passed. I need to show the upcoming events for the next 52 weeks in a list form rather than a calendar hence the use of the 'archive' shortcode.

Also, it has been ages since the original bug on this thread was posted from one of your team and I still haven't got any more information on what is happening and how it can be fixed !

I really, really need to get this all working, I appreciate that it takes time etc... but as I keep saying I have a client that wants this website up and running asap and I need to get paid and pay some bills.... I am really desperate here and could do with this being sorted this week ??

Cheers

Jon

• Ash

Hello Jon

We are trying our best to speed up the bug fixing process, really appreciate your patience.

About the eab_archive shortcode issue, please remove my above changes and add the class-eab-archive-shortcode.php to this path

wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\lib\shortcodes

And please add the class_eab_collection.php to this path

wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\lib

Both of the files you will find in the attached. Please replace the files that already exist in these folders. Please let us know how it goes!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Jon

Yay... I am so, so pleased :slight_smile: this works !!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have what I need working in terms of the shortcodes displaying where they should.

Thank you so much for this.

So, the one question in my mind going forward is... will I need to change these files the next time Events+ is updated?

Now all I need is the other bug sorted and I will be so, so relieved :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jon

• Jon

Hi,

Just wanted to send an update to the original bug with the tickets for events not being added to the cart.

Yesterday, I decided just to see if it was the hosting I was using was causing the problem with this... I am desperate to try anything at the moment !!!

To my surprise, after installing the site locally using Local By Flywheel I managed to get everything to work and the tickets were being added to the cart and I thought I had accidentally cracked it and it would work going forward :slight_smile: I ran a few tests adding different ticket price options to the cart and all worked fine... well apart from when you remove the ticket from the cart, go back and then re add the ticket and then the 'There are no items in your cart - go add some !' message appeared again.

Then today I wanted to try a few more tests and now when I try and add different tickets ( in terms of price variations in Marketpress ) I can only get a single ticket to show in the cart...

Does this help you in anyway, shed more light on the issue happening ?? We are now into November and I raised this issue at the beginning of October and I have had no progress with sorting the issue from your end! yes, you have sorted the last issue with shortcodes... but the overall problem still exists and I cannot stress how stressful this all is for me now :slight_frown:

Cheers

Jon

• Jon

Hi Ash,

I've tried it and still having problems :slight_frown:

I am assuming that you have added the file in the correct place after my mistake ??

I still cannot seem to add a variation on the ticket created in Maketpress to the cart. it is always the default variation that is added and not the variation I select in the dropdown?

Perhaps I am not selecting the variation at the right stage... it's slightly confusing where I should be doing it... before I click 'I'm attending' and have to input my email address to create a user id or at the next page once this is done I am attaching a couple of screenshots to explain better look at SS1 and then SS2 :slight_smile:

Cheers for everything

Jon

• Ash

Hello Jon

I am sorry for the long delay on your thread.

In your previous reply, you mentioned a different issue, removing an event from cart was not actually removing in the event page. So the above fix was for that.

Though, I have tested variation in my site and your site both, and found variation works fine. I have created a video screencast, that, might help you regarding this :slight_smile:

Here is the video: http://recordit.co/ntmSmytnm9

Please check and let me know if I am missing something. So in your second screenshot, you need to select the variation first and then click on attending button.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.