marketpress fatal error

i have installed marketpress e-commerce update and it has broken both my sites i am getting this error

Fatal error: Can’t use method return value in write context in /home/antony/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/helpers.php on line 183

i need this rectified immediately

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello antony,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear for any inconvenience that may cause by this. I just updated the plugin on my own test site and did not get such error on backend, home page, shop page and throughout the process to checkout.

Could you please tell us where exactly you get this message and steps possibly ?

Also, it is strongly recommended to apply any updates of existing plugin, theme and even core on a staging WordPress site instead of live/production site.

If you manage to create a staging site then please send in WordPress admin details and FTP details directly via our contact form in following format.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: “Attn: Sajid Javed”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– login url

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– link back to this thread for reference

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Update: One of my colleague could replicate this issue on their instance and reported to developer. This seems to be due to a different version of PHP.

However, our developer just come up with a following patch to fix this issue. To apply, the patch, before the maintenance release please follow the steps below.

1. Take full backup of your website with a backup restore plugin like Snapshot Pro (important).

2. Download the file attached with this reply on your computer and extract it (if you browser does not extract/unzip automatically).

3. Now upload the file on following location by replacing the existing file via FileZilla or file manager of cPanel.

wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/

4. Done!

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.