Marketpress feature: exclude products from mp_list_product

I realise I'm starting to push the limits of Marketpress, but here's another feature request.

To merchandise content on my site I'm writing articles which feature a set of key products, see: http://qualityproductsdirect.com/2013/01/14/new-books/ for an example.

Here are the shortcuts I am currently using to generate the page...

Firstly, I'm listing the two main products

[mp_product product_id="2111"][mp_product product_id="2115"]

One of the two products above is listed in the category "topiary", so I was looking for a way to be able to say "display mp_list_products category="topiary" but exclude product_id=2111"

At the moment I've only been able to do this by restricting the number of products, sorting by descending price, and output without pagination - effectively hiding the product which coincidentally is the lowest price.

[mp_list_products category="topiary" order_by="price" order="DESC" paginate="true" per_page="9"]

I realise however this will not work if the product is in the middle of the stack.

I think you're building this on top of the Wordpress codex for categories and this may not be possible, but I thought I would ask anyway.
You might also consider...

Cheers,
James

• Ollie

The only ways I can think of to do this is to either create some separate categories that these 'related products' are in if it's just one page.

Otherwise you could get more custom and specifically target just the ID # products that you want featured on that page via the shortcode.

I couldn't find an easy way to exclude products from a category via shortcodes. Naturally you could custom code it, but a work around would be much faster in this case unless someone else out there has a bit of code they are willing to share....

• aecnu

Greetings jameswilliams90,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.