Marketpress Feature Request

Hi, I would like to put in this feature request. I know you guys have some sort of Affiliate/Marketpress integration rolling out soon, but my needs are slightly different than how that will most likely be setup.

We sell digital downloads. We split the sales of every item with another party, which differs from product to product. I want those other parties to be able to login to the back-end and see the sales of the products they are associated with (and not be able to see the sales of products they aren't associated with).

To put it in different words, it's a way for vendors to check their sales in my wordpress back-end. Would this be at all possible to make happen?

Thanks!
Colin

• digitsoft

I understand what you're looking to do...

Product 1: public
    Product 2: vip
    Product 3: exclusive

User 1 (Role name: new): no sales yet
    User 2 (Role name: vip): had 50 sales
    User 3 Role name: bigjv): had 500 sales

Product 1 - everyone can sell & view stats
    Product 2 - only vip & bigjv
    Product 3 - only bigjv

This is really another product, but MP could be used as a base for sure. I'd wait for the next release of MP and then see what features it includes. If it can't meet your needs, then:
    1. Post a job at: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    2. Consider using Infusionsoft (Infusionsoft.com) - $300/mo but well worth it

• aecnu

Greetings Colin,

This would certainly have to be left up to the lead developer to answer what seems to be a simple question but truly a complex coding as you have described it.

Since this ticket is already in the feature requests forum all that is left for me to do is notify the lead developer of it's existence and you can consider it done though I will change the topic to Market Press since it is the Market Press lead developer that would be responsible for the integration I believe.

Thank you for the suggestion/request and for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• graphicandweb

What supplementalsounds is looking for sounds exactly what I am after as well.
    I am currently developing a site to sell artwork, the artists will 'join' (become a member of) the site and have the option to sell their art on a commision basis.
    Possibly something like level 1 with a 60/40 split between the artist & the site
    level 2 70/30 and so on.
    Is there another plugin that I can use with MarketPress & Membership that can allow this?

• aecnu

Greetings supplementalsounds and graphicandweb,

@supplementalsounds

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

it's simply reporting the sales to a vendor are you it would be that complex to code?

I love these kinds of questions, because every time it makes me think that if it is so easy/simple then why have you not done it already?

@graphicandweb and supplementalsounds

The lead developer of Market press has indeed long been flagged to come in here and help us out with this issue and give us some kind of advice/advise if and what if anything can be done to make your reported issues resolved.

But he has been on vacation since before the original submission of this ticket and we anticipate his return on the 10th of July and hopefully his invaluable input here shortly thereafter.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Members and for your understanding as to why the delay in a developer authoritative response to this ticket.

Cheers, Joe

• graphicandweb

Thanks for the reply... hopefully this can get sorted very quickly the site I am working on needs to be live on the 16th of this month.

Incidently, the reason I took a membership of WMPU was for that very plugin and facility... it is clearly indicated on the plugin page "Start your own Etsy shopping network." now looking on Etsy, they operate via % on sales... so this clearly leads anyone thinking of buying MarketPress that this can be done.

Also, when will ProSites be able to use 2CheckOut, the same as MarketPress & Membership?

• aecnu

Greetings graphicandweb,

Thank you for your additional input, it is indeed appreciated.

The lead developer will not be back from vacation until the 10th of July, so we will certainly not hear from him before then.

it is clearly indicated on the plugin page "Start your own Etsy shopping network." now looking on Etsy, they operate via % on sales... so this clearly leads anyone thinking of buying MarketPress that this can be done

This can absolutely be done already using the PayPal chained payments option and by percentage.

Please advise if I am missing something here with your above copied statement.

Cheers, Joe

• supplementalsounds

I love these kinds of questions, because every time it makes me think that if it is so easy/simple then why have you not done it already?

I haven't done it already because I'm not a plugin developer. And I wasn't saying it was easy/simple. I reiterated what my request was to make sure it was understood, then I asked if you are sure that what I am requesting is really all that complex, now that I had made it more clear what would need to be accomplished.

• graphicandweb

Is this not why we pay a membership to this site for?

Having thought more about this, I think for what I am after it will have to be PayPal, as I cannot see all the artists wanting the hassel of setting up a 2CO account.
    If only it could be split in some way... more work than it would be worth I think for now.

• aecnu

Greetings graphicandweb and supplementalsounds,

Thank you for this great question.

Is this not why we pay a membership to this site for?

Absolutely not. You pay to use the plugins as they are, to acquire updates as released, and the support we provide here is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing, teaching someone to code PHP is a bit beyond that scope.

Reference WPMU Dev lead developer:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/export-order-details#post-194890

And by my direct in line Boss Mason James:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gravity-forms-and-marketpress#post-243682

"Start your own Etsy shopping network."

This is not true. You conveniently left out the word style.

so you can use it to start your own Etsy or Ebay style network of stores

where you take a % on each sale

Absolutely true using the PayPal chained payments gateway feature.

However, regardless of anything else including my own rhetoric, I indeed did my job by flagging the lead developer for his input into this subject in which he has been on vacation for a majority of the time since.

There is nothing more that I can do except nothing and though I could have let this ticket fall into the ticket system abyss, we have indeed kept it alive with our exchange of thoughts and it did not fall into the abyss and the lead developer should be back tomorrow (10th) and the decision or response is in his court, which may take him a bit to get re-acclimated but I am sure he will be in here to comment.

Sincerely, Joe