Marketpress feature requests

Hi;
Just started using marketpress for a new ecommerce site project and so far I'm pleased with it. I have tried half a dozen so called "best", "leading" ecommerce plugins for wordpress before deciding on marketpress. One of the main reasons for making this decision is the level of support here. I got replies in 3-4 days at other sites. In one case, I had to file a complaint at paypal to get the support guys moving!

Here's what I like about marketpress:
-Uses the wordpress user system to manage customers
-CSS easily customizable
-Lean and clean code
-Nice admin

However, it could definitely benefit from some improvements, which by the way would make it the best ecommerce plugin on the market. Here are some suggestions:

-Product variations can be presented not only as a drop down but also as radio buttons or check boxes. If the check box option is selected, "Add to Cart" button would add all the checked variations (with the quantities indicated by the customer for each variation) to the cart. Being able to add more than one variation to the cart at one click is important for wholesale sites.
-The plugin pages use the default page template. There are many plugin pages (a single product page , a page for each step of the check out process etc) as we know, and it would be nice to be able to select a different template for each page.
-If any extra user fields are needed these need to be hard coded to the theme (there are some plugins that do the trick although not very well). Also, some shops do not need all the shipping info. As such, being able to customize the extra user fields would be great.
-I don't need the product thumbnail on the product page and the only way I could remove it was by deleting it from the code. I use my own gallery for product images which I believe many people do. This could be an option.
-A store credit system would be nice. This would mean being able to define credits for each product and also the number of credits needed to buy that product. If a customer buys product A he gets 20 credits and if he has 200 credits he can purchase A or B etc. Very effective for customer loyalty.
-The short codes could definitely be improved and more could be added. I will write more on this after having used them for some time.
-On the last step of the check out process, if the customer wants to edit the address, he gets redirected to the second step which is not very convenient. He should be able to edit it without leaving that page.

This is all for now.

Thanks!

KP

• kpince

Hi;

I just checked the CubePoints plugin. Unfortunately it comes short of more advanced credit systems used on shop systems like opencart. In my opinion it is not supposed to be (just) a payment gateway. Each product must have its own reward points (credits). At payment the credits should be able to be deducted from the total whilst checking out with one of the payment gateways available. Anyways, this seems to be a feature request to be decided upon by the developers.

As a final note I'd like to add that if your team decides to push marketpress further by pouring more coding hours unto it you'll end up with a powerful ecommerce plugin in the market which will definitely be a nice bait to lure prospective customers in. I'm not aware if your plugins are available for purchase on an individual basis or not (You have lite and free versions) but I'm sure it would be a move in the right direction for you guys to consider offering them to public in this manner. If marketpress had its own SEO optimized website with links to this site that would be great help for marketing. Of course, you'd have to offer this plugin for sale on an individual basis at that site.

Thanks again.
    KP

• Aaron

Thanks for the suggestions!

-The plugin pages use the default page template. There are many plugin pages (a single product page , a page for each step of the check out process etc) as we know, and it would be nice to be able to select a different template for each page.

MP includes support for custom template files for every page, see the themeing readme.

If you use custom templates you can remove featured images. Of course just not setting them with remove them.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.