MarketPress Features

Hi folks,
First let me say that after having had the opportunity to work with the MarketPress plugin that it creates a clean cart that is simple to setup, style, use and operate. However, I the plug-in is missing some important features. If I am missing something or if these are on the table for near release or if there are work-arounds please let me know:
1. Item options - It seems to be lacking an Item options dropdown. Even Paypal buy now buttons, let you specify options with different prices, ie, red $2.00, green $1.75. This is pretty necessary.
2. Shipping - there is only one flat shipping rate per order across the US. This is very limiting. Even the Paypal cart lets you put in flat rates per state. Also, the job I'm working on right now requires me to give free shipping when an order total hits a certain level.
3. Sales Tax - many merchants have to charge sales tax in more than one state, again a matrix with values for each state would be best.
4. Export orders to Excel
Thank you!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello again kalmarnet,

Just wanted to let you know that our developers are really pushing to get this new release out the door and we may not hear much from them during this time because of that. But I did want to stress that this upcoming release should address much more than than the feature list here. We can't give an ETA, but it is getting close.

Cheers,
    David

• RodeoRamsey
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

this upcoming release should address much more than the feature list here

Oh you guys have got me on the edge of my seat!!! I'm sort of holding off on a project because I need the above feature list as a must-have for this project....

• Chris du Toit
    • Flash Drive

I too am very excited about the new version of the plugin and I'm also holding off on a site since it needs the additional features. I'd much rather prefer to use your plugin instead of WP-eCommerce. For the time being I am adding the products, categories etc. and will wait for the release before the site will go live. The features mentioned above are basically all that I need.

I will also try to write my own payment gateway plugins for our local payment gateways in South Africa.
    At least I am getting some experience with your plugin, so future projects will be much easier and faster.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.