MarketPress Features

I am currently using Marketpress Lite and trying to decide if I will upgrade my WPMU membership and buy Marketpress. I am finding the Features list at https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce a little vague.

As for shipping/delivery:
Can I set custom Shipping options? I deliver catering, etc to the local area... can I say
Postal codes a, b, c: check here for $10 delivery fee
Postal codes x, y, z: check here for $30 delivery fee
If you order totals $60: check here for free delivery

I also make regular deliveries to certain business sites in the city on a schedule with no delivery fee (like Darwin's in London). Or people can pick up their orders. Can I say
Check here for delivery on 21 October at ABC Business Park
Check here for delivery on 24 October at XYZ Company main security gate
Check here to pick-up.

How are invoices produced? I find the emails in Marketplace Lite poorly organized and horrible for quick reference during deliveries. The 'manage orders' page doesn't print properly. Other ecommerce sites offer PDF invoices.

Tax Inclusive... does that mean VAT... so that I could let the customer know that 8% of their soda price is VAT and 4% of their sandwich is VAT?

Thank you for your time.
Cara Rynerson
baselbagels.com

• Philip John

Hiya!

I'm afraid MarketPress doesn't provide that kind of granular level shipping detail so wouldn't be able to charge different rates for postcodes or time of day.

MarketPress doesn't actually produce invoices, it only produces confirmation e-mails. The actually invoicing/receipts are handled by the payment gateways that you select.

Tax is whatever is relevant in your country, so yes, that would mean VAT in the UK.

Cheers,
    Phil

• baselb5

Hi Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear. Please allow me try again.

I understand your answer about not being able to charge different amounts for delivery. This is disappointing and I will need to find a workaround.

"Multiple shipping options"
    Is Customer Pickup a shipping option in the paid Marketpress version? If not, how can it be added?
    What does "Multiple Shipping Options" actually mean?

Scheduling Delivery
    I must find a way for the customer to let me know when they want their order delivered. Is there a way to add an additional field to the Checkout Screen "Enter Your Shipping Information:"? A drop-down box like the one used for "Country" would be optimal, but I'll be happy with sacrificing the Address 2 box at this point.

Invoicing
    (Aside: I live in Switzerland and hand deliver food orders. So, my payment gateway is "CASH.")
    I have found a separate invoicing plugin for my larger catering accounts... Would be super if it was integrated in the future.

Packing slips
    It would be GREAT to have a Print button on the ORDER DETAILS screen that would remove the Dashboard and resolve how the boxes overlap. Until then, I can go to the order status page that is intended for the customer and print that as my packing slip.

VAT
    I don't see how to set multiple VAT in Marketpress Lite. VAT on soda is about 8% and VAT on sandwiches is about 3.5%. Am I able to set the VAT for items individually or by category in the full Marketpress version? I'm pretty sure that when the order confirmations go out, I am required to include the exact amount of VAT. (Another example: If a site is selling Cake Mix and Cake Pans, the VAT or Tax will be different.)

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Cara
    baselbagels.com

• Philip John

Is Customer Pickup a shipping option in the paid Marketpress version? If not, how can it be added?

This isn't available but you could add your own shipping gateway to accomplish this. It will require coding but have a look at /marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-shipping/plugin-template.php which gives you a good starting point.

Is there a way to add an additional field to the Checkout Screen "Enter Your Shipping Information:"?

Actually, yes - the latest version adds this functionality!

I have found a separate invoicing plugin for my larger catering accounts... Would be super if it was integrated in the future.

You could actually look at providing this with a custom payment gateway seeing as you take cash. Take a look at /marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway/manual-payments.php which you could copy and adapt to your needs.

Am I able to set the VAT for items individually or by category in the full Marketpress version?

That isn't possible I'm afraid, no. Catering for such varied tax structures for every country would be a nightmare. Instead we'd suggest including tax and simply stating that all prices include VAT on the confirmation.

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.