marketpress - finalising settings

Hi,
Trying to finalise the project, but bump(ed) into a couple of issues, hope you can help fixing those.

(this concenrs a sub-site, btw.)

1. mp-cart.jpg: Why can I not see the cart-icon in the menu? I do see it in the 'mother-site'.
2. mp-external.jpg:Q: How to hide this option?
Why is this option available ayway? Imo it counters the whole principle of taking commission on every sale?
3a. mp-margin.jpg: The 4th product seems to take a larger top-margin/ -padding the the 3 first products?
How to solve this. btw. its (I think) not 'the product itslef', I already deleted some a re-added, and its seems to accur only withe the 4th (and following) products.
3b. Front-page using Full-Width: When using Ful-Width on the fornt-page, the products take no margin on the left-side and are laced to the utmost left-side of the browser. Which is kind of 'ugly'. Can this be fixed?
If so: When using the Blog-Template-Plugin: Will I be able to transfer this new adjustment to the new template?

Hope to hear from you, thanks in advance, Erik

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Erik,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I'd highly advising upgrading to the latest MarketPress version which includes some important bug fixes.

On the issues at hand, can you link me to the sub site in question so I can check the site and provide the required css.

For the external link in the admin, that is mostly used by members who want to link to their amazon store, though I do see how on a multisite this most likely isn't wanted.

We can remove it directly from the plugin code, which would be overwritten on a update, or I can provide you some css to add to hide it, let me know what you'd prefer and I'll provide instructions on what to do.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Erik
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Your message:
    We can remove it directly from the plugin code, which would be overwritten on a update, or I can provide you some css to add to hide it, let me know what you'd prefer and I'll provide instructions on what to do.

I (personally) would prefer it do be remove(able) in the core, and being applied to the multi-sites.

But if you can provide me with the custom CSS, that would have to do for now.

• Erik

Concerning point 3a/ b:
    Must be MarketPress related as it concerns the '#mp_product_list' -element.

I was able to manage the margin by installing theplugin; 'Simple Custom CSS' (hope it transfers with the Blog Template).

• Erik

Yo guys/ girls;
    Still hanging issues:

1. mp-cart.jpg: Why can I not see the cart-icon in the menu? I do see it in the 'mother-site'.

2. mp-external.jpg: Q: How to hide this option?
    Why is this option available ayway? Imo it counters the whole principle of taking commission on every sale?

3a. mp-margin.jpg: The 4th product seems to take a larger top-margin/ -padding the the 3 first products?
    How to solve this. btw. its (I think) not 'the product itslef', I already deleted some a re-added, and its seems to accur only withe the 4th (and following) products.

3b. Can be fixed, but: When using the Blog-Template-Plugin: Will I be able to transfer this new adjustment to the new template?

Please would appreciate some follow up in these matters asap if possible ....

• Erik

And another one:
    4. When doing a search, the format(aspect ratio) of the results is different then any other display of products: products-01.jpg vs products-02.jpg

products-02.jpg is a portrait size
    products-01.jpg is square sized

Would it not be logical to display them all in the same aspect-ratio?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya @Erik,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your patience on this.

Here's the CSS to resolve the products not lining up and to remove the external link issue.

div#mp_product_link_div {
    	display: none !important;
    }

.mp_grid .mp_product_name, .mp_grid .mp_excerpt {
    	margin-top: -3px !important;
    }

Add the first block of code into Ultimate Branding's custom css module as this applies to the admin and will apply network wide across all sites.

Then add the second block using a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ or into a child themes style.css :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Erik

Thanks Jack,working nice

But still some open issues;
    1. mp-cart.jpg: Why can I not see the cart-icon in the menu? I do see it in the 'mother-site'. (see header-cart.jpg)

4. When doing a search, the format(aspect ratio) of the results is different then any other display of products: products-01.jpg vs products-02.jpg

products-02.jpg is a portrait size
    products-01.jpg is square sized

Would it not be logical to display them all in the same aspect-ratio?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Erik,

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Also please share us the URLs of the page from where you have taken the shared screenshots so that we can test it.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Erik

Vinod,

I think issue 1 is theme related, so have to find a solution for that myself.

Issue 4 is kind of odd: in the test-site its OK, in the live-site not. But also not related to WPMUDEV settings, I believe.

So thanks for your offer, but think Ill have to fix them myself after all .... :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.