Marketpress form error

I'm testing out Marketpress but our testers keep encountering the following error when trying to check out as a guest

Oops! We found 1 error in the form below.

Fields that have errors are highlighted in red below. Entering into a field will reveal the actual error that occurred.

Unfortunately none of the fields are highlighted red!

We are using Stripe in test mode, keys are all correct.

Shop link is https://meanfitfoxes.com/store and as we're in test mode, you can place orders with the Stripe test cards :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ken,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

An issue like this usually means that there's some code (in an active theme or other plugin) that's breaking MarketPress form validation scripts.

I took a liberty of accessing your site and I see that you are using our Luke&Sara Upfront theme so this should be fully compatible with MarketPress. I did noticed though that there's Hummingbird's "Minification" feature active.

I tried to run through the checkout and I could see the issue. However I also noticed that the Stripe form doesn't seem to be complete. Could you then please start with disabling Minification fully Hummingbird and checking if that helps? If so, I'll then help you "fine tune" it.

Let me know about the result, please

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Ken,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I just accessed your website and I can see that you moved on and activated WooCommerce instead.
    Despite that, I was able to replicate this in a test environment, the card expiry date was missing indeed.
    You can revert that by editing the Custom CSS of the MP checkout element via UF Editor.
    Simply in line#83 replace
    float: none;
    with
    float: left;

This is already reported to our dev team and it's going to be addressed in next release. :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ken!

As an aside, is there a guide on using appointments and events plugin with marketpress?

In case of Events that's quite a simple integration. If you wish to collect payments you can only use the PayPal gateway which is built into the Events+ plugin.

With MarketPress you can change that and use a different form of payments: make users to "pay" by buying a product. All you need to do is to:

- setup some products
    - Go to "Events -> Settings -> Addons" page and enable the "Payments via MarketPress Products" add-on
    - then on event's edit screen select a product to be used as a payment for this particular event.

An example use is to "upsell" merchandise for a band that's playing a gig at your place: instead of caching for a ticket you set their T-shirts as products (with appropriate price of course...) and a user that's going to "get a ticket" would need to buy that T-shirt :slight_smile:

As for Appointments+ integration. That is a bit different and it simply lets users add appointments to the cart so they could pay for them in bulk (in case they wanted to book more than a single one) and also use any of available MarketPress gateways for payment.

The setup requires an active "Appointments in product cart" add-on ("Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons" page). Then the configuration is available on the "Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Payments" tab. It can automatically create a product in your store that would actually look and behave pretty much the same as default "make an appointment" page but the appointments would be added to MarketPress cart after user selects available booking slot and fills-in the form. Then the usual store checkout takes place.

I hope that helps but if you got some more questions on this please ask. It would be great though if you could put them in separate threads (separate from this one and also separate from each other) as this would really help us respond to you faster, keep better track of information and also help other Members of our community find answers to similar questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam