MarketPress FrontEnd Plugin Special WPMU DEV Forum Discount 1 Week Only!

Please let me know what you think about it...
Showcase and assistance site: http://mp-frontend.info/
Product: http://webnware.themetailors.com/store/products/tt-marketpress-frontend/
Thanks,
Paolo

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi paoltaia,

This is brilliant!! I just set up a test account and have found 2 issues so far:

1. Clicking an avatar or profile link leads to a "You're lost..." message. Is access to the backend restricted because this is a test site?
    2. Can't set a featured image. Maybe for the same reason as above?

I'll keep playing around and let you know if I find anything else.

Thank you very much for putting this together. I'm sure an awful lot of members are going to really appreciate your awesome efforts!

:o)

@Devs
    Please sticky this post... it looks like a shopping-network-developer's dream come true :o)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings paoltaia and pcwriter,

This appears to be a great new development, thank you so very much for sharing, and anxiously awaiting pcwriters and/or others participating shake out before putting the big sticky to it.

Keep me posted then once it appears that it is ready I will give it the plugin a go over myself.

If all goes well I will certainly put the big sticky to it including another bonus :slight_smile:

@pcwriter thank you for a thorough shake out

@paoltaia fantastic job and if we cannot get all the bugs shook out over the weekend, I will alert our lead developer on Monday and see if we can get him to assist in shaking out the coding bugs.

I am certainly excited in this great achievement and development.

Cheers, Joe

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Joe
    Once the few kinks have been ironed out (if any), I for one will definitely be purchasing this addon. I'm still testing things and have yet to find any major bugginess. The only hiccups I've come across are related to backend access as stated in my post above.

@paoltaia
    On your demo install, I can get to the backend via the adminbar "Edit Page" or "Edit Product" links. May be something to look into?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings pcwriter and paoltaia,

This is certainly an exciting development.

@paoltaia as a professional in the internet marketing realm, and to increase sales I would suggest you change your pricing scheme to be using a different number then $50, say $47.

It has been proven time and again over my last seven years of IM that the numbers themselves tend to have a sales psychological effect though consciously or sub consciously unknown. However, the effect is that the number ending in 7 or 3 garner much more sales then others and are second to none, not even .95 does as well.

Keep me posted.

Cheers, Joe

• poltaj
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Pcwriter,
    there is checkbox on network admin settings to enable or disable Wp-admin for sub store admins.
    I probably better disable the wp admin bar also. Thanks for spotting that!

The login and register page aren't part of the plugin but are custom page templates I quickly made just for the demo. I'll make sure to create an edit profile template too, so you won't get that problem anymore, when wp-admin is restricted.

BTW those templates I made for GridMarket will be available soon too.

Thanks,
    Paolo

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again Paolo,

Confirmed featured image upload is now working.

However (oh crap... there's that word!), once the image has been uploaded, the "Looks like you're lost" message still appears in the media upload modal, but the image can be set as featured by clicking the "Gallery" tab and selecting it.

Users who aren't familiar with WP would likely be confused as heck if they see that message after uploading an image!

• poltaj

Hi again,

I fixed everything about the featured image and disabled the admin bar when wp-admin restricted.

Our plugin doesn't change anything about marketpress, so network admins can always access all features and modify settings as they wish.

Thanks again for your kind help!

Paolo

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again Paolo,

Confirmed. Featured image works flawlessly now!

Thanks for the info about network settings... much appreciated. You're welcome for the help ironing out some minor kinks.

I love the addon and have just transferred some funds to my PayPal account. As soon as the funds are available, I'm a customer!

Like the new price too! :o)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Paolo,

I have had the chance to look at it again and seen the pricing change yes.

I will let the money talk as they say and should be in for an up close and personal look into it before the end of the week, possibly not until the end of next week as the work load is over the top with my WPMU Dev duties which come first before my personal adventures :slight_smile:

Hope to be on board soon.

Any chance you have a coupon code for the people paying attention on WPMU Dev?

Cheers, Joe

• poltaj

Hi Joe,

I saw you got it! Thank you...
    We are looking forward to receiving your feedback! :slight_smile:

Writers team asked me for details about it, to feature it on wpmu.org. I'm positive that will raise level of attention around it...

I can extend the offer in case they can't write about it before the coupon expires.

I'm sure one way or the other, Mp users will soon notice it! (Patience is a virtue)

Thanks for you kind help,

Paolo

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Paolo,

Well as you well know that I got the plugin and my sincere thank you for the above discount code.

I like the fact that you are indeed using Market Press to process all of this, I recognized the download link and the emails :slight_smile:

Concerning my feedback, it may be a little while before I have the time to give this a thorough run through, but pcwriters opinion got me to purchase it without even trying the demo!

I will let you know as soon as I have the chance, maybe I will get to turn the tables and submit a ticket with you :wink:

Cheers, Joe

• poltaj

We totally love Marketpress! <3

Hopefully before the end of the week end I should be able to upload another couple of mods...

TT Mp Is Buyer plugin: adds a function to track who bought what.

It integrates with WPMUDEV Post Voting plugin and a TT modded version of Wp-Customer-Review.

If Post Voting is active, Is Buyer disables post voting on any Mp product unless user bought it.

With Modded Wp-Customer-Review, allows submitting rating and comments on the Feedback Page only if user has bought at least 1 product. Plus provides a widget to display statistics in sidebar.

Let me go back to work and finish them! :wink:

Paolo

• poltaj

Hi, try now.. it's been extended until may 14th...

btw, for those already using it, I suggest to download the latest version.
    I slightly modified the function to enhance users restriction from backend

Thanks,

Paolo

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

@paoltaia - just picked it up...thx for the coupon!

Suggestion - the sales page for it really needs some work...took me a long time to figure out what it was actually for - even via the demo. It's a damn nice plugin and as such it should convey that to potential buyers to make it a "no brainer" purchase for anyone using MP.

FYI - the order process is broken - I had to register and after registering it didn't take me back to the checkout - it went to the home page and then I had to find the product link again (wonder if this is an MP issue? - need to test myself).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Paolo and Rob,

I found the purchase process broken too and it took me awhile to figure out how to make the purchase.

Rob is spot on when he says this is confusing and about the sales page too.

I did not mention it because I figured that for right now it was that way during the launch.

Cheers, Joe

• chrislema
    • New Recruit

The purchase process was frustrating, as mentioned above, but I registered and finally found the product again and purchased it. They're also right that the demo link doesn't actually demo the front end very clearly.

All that said, I installed it, had it working for a second, and now it's not working - and I'm not sure why. Seems like the front end page isn't being created, the menus aren't, and therefore, there's no way to add new products.

Where is the best place to get support for the plugin?

• poltaj

@digitsoft / @joe

thanks for buying! I'm making the Demo easier to understand. I thought it could be better to show how the plugin would work for anyone registering to start selling, like it would happen in real sites. However I agree that's not exaplined anywhere, so I'm going to make it much easier.

About the showcase site, what do you suggest to add/edit, to better convey how cool the plugin is and make it a "no brainer" purchase for anyone using MP???

@Chrislema

thanks for buying and for sending me wp credentials. As I told you in my reply, looks like a compatibility problem with wpengine structure. If you could send me ftp creds too, I'll fix right away! I couldn't know about it and I apologize....

@Everyone

we are fixing purchase process as we speak. Thanks for the feedback!

p.s. We are rewriting Theme Tailors from ground up right now and we should come out with the final version in a few weeks. We are making it more user friendly and clear, debugging everything we found not to work properly and it will be responsive for mobile and tablets.

All suggestion we receive to make it a better site, are more than welcome! So please keep them coming....

Paolo

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Paolo

I'm on a sparkling new laptop that replaces my 5-year-old clunker (just got it Saturday along with a big-screen TV... yippee: movies!)

I downloaded again and it unzips fine. The first time, I downloaded from the order confirmation page where I was redirected after purchase. This time, I clicked the "Your orders from me" link and was taken to a page with the same url, but this time, the download link worked fine.

Here's a strange thing though: the order confirmation page where I was redirected immediately after purchase has this visible directly above the header:
    ###Array ( [chkout_redirect] => http://webnware.themetailors.com/store/shopping-cart/confirmation/ )

Could that maybe have screwed up the download?

• poltaj

@pcwriter, that looks like the debug code to fix the redirect issue for the purchase process. :slight_smile:

Probably you downloaded it right at the moment we were applying it... and it screwed your download.

Sorry!

Glad is working now.

Paolo

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @paoltaia I'd +1 that @PCwriter and the others helping with all of the help working out the bugs should get a huge (if not free) discount on this product. I would have thought that Marketpress itself should have the majority of these features built in.

I just heard about this product via Facebook WPMUDEV group and missed the discounted period. Not that I can afford it right now anyway.

Also how long of updates are included the purchase price? I Like the idea behind WPMUDEV that all updates are included for members.

• poltaj

Hi Dean,

fortunately not much left to debug. The coupon "wpmudev" with 30% discount is still available.

You will receive updates for as long as the plugin exists. Mosty because, unless marketpress structure is heavily changed, this plugin will auto update with Marketpress updates...

Thanks,

Paolo

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi Dean,

As @Paolo mentioned, the plugin doesn't change anything about Marketpress itself. It simply (and brilliantly) bumps everything to the frontend, so store owners can be kept out of your WP backend.

Thanks for the push for an additional discount, but 30% off seems quite reasonable to me :o)

Hope your recovery is going well!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Paolo @pcwriter @aecnu I was just thinking as if I had written a program and had someone put in so much time and effort as @pcwriter has to help me solve problems, then I'd feel obliged to give that person a free copy for all of their help. I wasn't implying that the discount was not a great deal or that everyone should get a free copy.

I'm glad that the discount for members is still good. How long will it be good for?

Thanks!

• poltaj

Hi @Dean,

I agree with you that if someone help thoroughly beta testing the plugin, a heavily discounted (or even free) copy is due.

But my idea of beta testing is a bit different.

It means going over each and every single plugin's functionality to make sure they are all working flawlessly.

I personally did that and it took me about 4 full days of work. (had to check every single marketpress settings was updating in the db + products and their features were created, edited and deleted correctly).

I believe @pcwriter will agree that he didn't really go thru such a painfull process, but just tested the plugin on my demo and pointed out couple of things that could be improved.

We will always listen to suggestions to improve our plugins and implement them quickly, this is our way of giving back to our supporters :slight_smile:

That said, I was thinking about giving away a couple of extras to anyone who decide to support mp-frontend. (an integrated buyers feedback system and products rating).

WPMUDEV coupon expires May 22, 2012

Thank you,

Paolo

• poltaj

Hi Jamin,

I just tested on a fresh install of both single and multisite and worked just fine for me.

Only small issue I noticed : if you delete the store admin page, the plugin doesn't recreate it unless you 1st deactivate and reactivate the plugin.

Is this the problem you are experiencing?

Thanks,

Paolo

• Jamin

Multisite - up to date

I am only interested in activating it on individual sites. I do not wish to network activate.

I activated it on a site, went to the settings, called the page "Admin Area", clicked create.

I was then taken back to the same page with no data entered. Its like I hadn't done anything except refresh the page.

Ive had a good look at the code and there doesn't seem to be any signs of where its going wrong.

The only thing I can put it down to is permissions, the plugin folder doesn't require CHMOD 775 by chance?

Ben

• poltaj

Hi Jamin,

ok now I got you and I could recreate the prob you describe.

Even if you don't network activate, to make it work on any subsite right now, you must activate it on main site too.

Can you please try?

In the mean time I'm going to find a workaround to make sure you can have it working on subsite only without activating on main network site.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Paolo

• poltaj

Hi Alan can you be more specific?

another note, WPMU DEV & WPMU.org have been very very very nice with us, always giving visibility to our work and products...

I wouldn't want to take too much advantage of their forum, reason why we opened a forum for assistance when we released this plugin...

http://mp-frontend.info/register/

Anytime anyone post here the thread goes up which is super for us (more visibility), but again, could be annoying for WPMU DEV forum moderators.

Mp FrontEnd plugin buyers, would you mind join us there?

Many thanks,

Paolo

• poltaj

Hi Alan,

Marketpress is multisite plugin from wpmu dev that allows creating a Multivendor Marketplace (Network of stores) where subsite admins are allowed to sell and Network admin to collect fees or % on sales.

Mp FrontEnd is a 3rd party plugin for MarketPress that allows users to create their product and manage their store settings in the front end of the site, restricting wordpress dashboard to anyone but you...

Thanks,

Paolo

• paidinstyle
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Great plugin and worth every penny we paid few days ago !

noticed a mention of templates you created, i assume it takes care of placing the

"login/register/manage store" links in header top bar "

do you have any suggestions on how to achieve this, get these templates and instructions from you, please ?

right now the Store Admin link is in the navigation menu of local stores and global front so we need to move it to the header just like your demo...

this new project is a second sister network to our paidinstyle.com so we will be working on it more today ....

we have people awaiting its launch and will be able to give it a nice beta run for its money with the help of our current members and affiliates, provide feedback and testimonials as we been waiting for this for a while as far as MP add on and will be reporting on how happy we are sooner then later as i see how well its going so far...

We love how it works with BP installed and now simply configuring other plugins one of which is comments plus which i believe would be a good idea to have on the single product page where comments are currently closed ...

It would provide a bit of viral element and open communication...

so with this in mind my other question besides the templates is:
    would i go to network admin >settings> >>>> to make comments display on both pages and posts for comment box to show up under the product listing or ?

thank you for your support !
    Robert...

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

This looks perfect for an upcoming project of mine.

I dont think the mods will care mate as this is a great little plugin that also advertises and encourages sales of MP etc. SO I reckon your good.

Yeh I reckon Id like to give this a test out. Is there an option for users to use the frontend and the backend...just to give them the choice. Does the frontend interface have all the functions/features of the backend (can you do the all the same things)?

Another coupon round for the Devers here? :wink:

• poltaj

Hi everyone,

I just finished writing a tutorial that should guide anyone from having just wordpress installed to a total front end marketplace, just like http://mpfe-demo.info

The tutorial includes various code snippets, file templates and 2 plugins.

As you will notice, there is a lot of work behind this (Took me almost 2 full days just to write the tut), but I'm more than happy to give all this away for free (almost), if this may help you develop the perfect Marketplace... and also help me promote MP Front End Plugin... :slight_smile:

For this reason I'm just asking to Pay with a Tweet or Facebook Share! :wink:

Tahnks ya all,

Paolo

• paidinstyle

Hi @paoltaia
    Just installed the template by following your instructions.
    I created "beauty company" store on craftsinstyle.com
    Two things:
    When I am logged in with my facebook account the link on top that says "Manage Store", when I click on it it says: "You are not authorized to access this page" and I noticed that it points to: http://craftsinstyle.com/store-admin/
    When I click on the sidebar widget to manage my store it takes me to my store admin with no problem.
    Other thinkg is I can only login through buddypress panel with my facebook. When I try to login through http://craftsinstyle.com/login/ it does nothing.
    Helen

• poltaj

Hi Helen,
    sorry about that, I leaft te hard coded slug I'm using in the demo...
    to fix the store url in header and login page:

header.php, below line 74 :$playground = count($user_blogs);

add:

$mp_frontend_settings = get_option( 'mp_frontend_settings' );
    $mp_frontend_settings = unserialize($mp_frontend_settings);
    $adminpage = $mp_frontend_settings['page_id'];
    $post = get_post($adminpage);
    $slug = $post->post_name;

Now you have to change where the link appears which is the line right below.

if (is_super_admin()){echo ' | <a href="'.network_admin_url().'">Manage Network</a>';} elseif ($playground == 1) {echo ' | <a href="'.network_home_url().'register-store/">Start Selling</a>';} else { foreach ($user_blogs as $user_blog) {if($user_blog->blogname!= 'Marketpress Fronted Plugin - Demo' ) echo '<a>domain.'/store-admin/">Manage Store</a>';}}

and change where you see :
    <a target="" href="http://'.$user_blog->domain.'/store-admin/">Manage Store</a>

/store-admin/ with '.$slug.'

<a target="" href="http://'.$user_blog->domain.'/'.$slug.'/">Manage Store</a>

I tried registering and login into your site, but looks like you have buddypress installed, which is something I haven't really tested on my side.

You don't really need to use my templates for that, as buddypress comes with it's own registration template, and to workaround the login page there are tons of plugins...

If I do have a chance soon to take a look at it, I'll let you know!

Thanks,

Paolo

• poltaj

and the correct snippet for header.php line 36 down is

<?php

if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
        global $current_user;
    get_currentuserinfo();
        echo '<div class="custom_login">Welcome, '.$current_user->user_login.' |';
    $user_id = $current_user->ID;
    $user_blogs = get_blogs_of_user($user_id);
    $playground = count($user_blogs);
    $mp_frontend_settings = get_option( 'mp_frontend_settings' );
    $adminpage = $mp_frontend_settings['page_id'];
    $post = get_post($adminpage);
    $slug = $post->post_name;
    $mainsite_name = get_bloginfo();
    if (is_super_admin()){echo ' | <a href="'.network_admin_url().'">Manage Network</a>';} elseif ($playground == 1) {echo ' | <a href="'.network_home_url().'register-store/">Start Selling</a>';} else { foreach ($user_blogs as $user_blog) {if($user_blog->blogname!=  $mainsite_name ) echo '<a target="" href="'.$user_blog->siteurl.'/'.$slug.'/">Manage Store</a>';}}
        echo ' | <a href="'. wp_logout_url('index.php') .'">Log out</a></div>';
    } else {
        echo '<div class="custom_login"><a href="'.network_home_url().'login/">Login</a> | <a href="'.network_home_url().'register-store/">Register</a></div>';
    }
    ?>

I cleaned it and improved it a bit, but mainly Buddypress didn't like domain as arg for get_blog_of_user function (without buddypress that works perfectly) but required siteurl.

Tutorial has been updated too!

Cheers,

Paolo

• paidinstyle

I am sorry but this does not work. Header.php is obviously messed up. I followed Paolo advise and registered as regular user, not through Facebook and I am still having the same problems. Paolo says that he cannot recreate my errors. I have one question: why the link to "Manage Store" in left sidebar works all the time and the link to "Manage Store"in the header points to two different urls? One of them is blogs directory and the other one store admin that does not exists. Literally, if you press on the link the first time it points to one link, if you press it again it points to another link. It does not look like buddypress of facebook issue to me but one thing for sure it was not tested enough. Looks like very sloppy job to me. Now, after we purchased it, we cannot even get it to work. I am really frustrated, money are simply wasted and we lost 4 days to make sure it works. Don't get me wrong, Paolo was very helpful but he still cannot figure out what the problem is.

• paidinstyle

See attached image, I am logged in as Paolo. The two links "Manage Store" in header don't make sense to me. I could not be the only one getting this. Please, help. We can be the case study and test site but we need it to work.

• poltaj

Helen,

thanks for the great feedback.

Let me remind you that the tutorial wasn't part of the plugin you bought and the plugin you bought works just fine.

The code provided with the tutorial was offered for free and it's perfectly working. Else my demo wouldn't work.

The fact that the code provided in tutorial it's not working with buddypress and the 20+ plugins you have installed is something I said could happened, it's clearly stated in the end of the tutorial.

In short: It is provided as is and could not fit all your needs!

That said yesterday I spent almost an hour of my time to fix you site...

I sent you an email explaining what problems you have right now.

Really thanks again for the great feedback!

• paidinstyle

I need to clear confusion that got mixed up with my frustration. The plugin itself works just fine. it's a great product and we will definitely recommend anybody using marketpress to purchase this product. it's excellent! It works flawlessly. Paolo is providing amazing service one on one and on the forums. We even feel confident that it will work with buddypress and number of plugins sooner than we think because of Paolo's efforts. If possible we need to ask the staff to remove our previous post saying that this is a sloppy job done. It was a little too harsh out of frustration and we do apologize for that.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @paoltaia I had tried to purchase from your website a couple of weeks ago but was having problems with the discount code not working. I believe you had emailed me or I read it somewhere that the sale was to be extended to the 22nd of last month. That was the day I tried to make the purchase. I was able to get to the cart ok but got the message that the coupon code was invalid. I tried all uppercase as well as lowercase and still no luck. I filled out the contact form (was very difficult to find, I also love your Captcha plugin) to let you know the problems I was having making the purchase. I would have replied again here sooner but had been crazy 16 hour days since the 22nd.

• poltaj

Hi Dean,

The Coupon was active for over 15 days.

I can't keep extending it especially after few people bought it already at full price... It would be really dirispectful towards them, if I make it avail again now.

Thanks,

Paolo

• MommyBlogDesigns
    • New Recruit

This is a great plug-in and I'm super excited to use it!! However ... I can't seem to get the sub-domains to work. I followed all the instructions to a TEE .. and I've confirmed with my hosting that everything is set up properly. But ... when I go to log into a new sub-domain I'm getting this error:
    [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Anyone else have this problem? I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE some help solving this!! Here's my URL;
    http://shopmommyblogdesigns.com

Thanks a million for any help!!
    NOTE; I've posted this a few days ago on the actual forum for the plug-in ... but I haven't gotten any responses. Hopefully here someone will have a suggestion for me? Please and thanks!

• poltaj

Hi,

the plugin object of this thread and Marketpress, don't have anything to do with subsite creation. That is done throught Wordpress in multisite mode.

If you get a php error when creating a new substore, everything is not set up properly.

I'd try to disable all plugins and make sure you are able to create a basic wordpress multisite environment.

Once you get that working, add the plugins needed.

Let us know.

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MommyBlogDesigns,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I will try to be as soft as possible but the tickets you are submitting are in themselves a problem. I am honestly trying to give constructive criticism here to help you work better with us and you will be happier as well.

Our system tracks almost everything and when I look at your two tickets that you have submitted including this one, you are responding to tickets that are old and or closed already plus they are completely off topic.

In this very ticket here you posted on for example, what does a MultiSite issue have to do with Market Press? Nothing - but that is what this ticket is about.

In the only other ticket you have responded to is this one right here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pages-rule-in-membership-only-shows-first-50-pages#post-299260

Once again a closed ticket though not off topic.

These are indeed your only two ticket on WPMU DEV in recorded history and therefore you are not getting the response you certainly deserve.

And in regards to your ticket here, I have to agree with paoltaia that If you get a php error when creating a new substore, everything is not set up properly.

So the first thing to do here is to try to figure out how to help you create your own tickets so you can get the help that you deserve.

Are you running the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin by any chance?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Max M.
    • Flash Drive

Hi everyone!

2 questions for the dev.
    (premise: I admit that I visited the plugin site quite quickly)

1) you're name seems to be Paolo... are you by any chance Italian? I ask 'cause I'd like to test it in my native language (it), is it possible? Or at least... is there a chance to translate it?

2) is there something like a "lite" version? 47$ is not a huge amount of money, but a "lite", limited version would allow potential customers to test the plugin in their environment. (Avoiding half of the "doesn't work for me" messages you receive)

Thanks in advance! ^_^

• poltaj

HI, yes I'm italian and I've never tested translating the plugin, but in reality, if you have marketpress translated, the plugin should present the form tranlated as well.

However, should the plugin not translate 100% fine, we are more than happy to work on it and fix whatever needs fixing.

Believe it or not, it is the 1st request about this.

Nope, there is no lite version and BTW as far as I know none of the 80+ who got it complained about it not working.

Maybe they encountered some problem with the tutorial to create the front end login and so on... problem which were all sorted, but the front end plugin works flawlessly....

• MommyBlogDesigns
    • New Recruit

@paoltaia and @aecnu ... thanks so much for your suggestions .. both on how to use this forum and on helping with my issue.

I thought my issue was with the actual plug-in .. but after reading the suggestions, I dis-abled it and still not working. So it's clearly not the plug-in. I actually LOVE the plug-in ... and I can't wait to get my site up and running and really rock with it!!

I will change over to the WP forum and ask for help there more specifically with multi-site.

Thanks again!!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MommyBlogDesigns,

Thank you for letting us know but I sincerely think you will receive kinder and more helpfulness here on WPMU DEV, we just need to show you how, if you do not already know, to create your own tickets and then we will help as needed.

If you do not get satisfaction over there with some help, please let us know and we will get on it.

We just need you to create your own tickets so that we can help you one on one so that it is not diluted with others issues and we can concentrate on getting your issues isolated and resolved.

Sincerely, Joe

• terrymickelson

I know the tutorial theme tailors put out is not supported but I was just wondering if I can use a different them than Gridmarket with this plugin and tutorial. I have purchased Flexmarket/Pro which is a marketpress theme. Could someone out there please let me know if this can be done without a bunch of code changes or customizations. Thanks ahead of time.

• Nerrida

Help Have installed frontend plugin now i get error messages

Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home1/kitworld/public_html/wp-content/themes/gridmarket/header.php on line 63
    Manage Store | Log out

Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home1/kitworld/public_html/wp-content/themes/gridmarket/login.php on line 108

Any ideas how to fix this!

• poltaj

HI,

you can solve by replacing this line:

… with this …

if (is_string($mp_frontend_settings))
    {
    }

in header.php of the gridmarket theme.

Hope this helps

• nicholasdarley
    • New Recruit

Hey Paoltaia,

I have done this change toi fix the error, code but I am curious as to what the unserialize does and whether or not this will affect the way the site runs since it obviously will never be a string on my site for whatever reason.

I am using the Pro3 theme for MarketPress

if (is_string($mp_frontend_settings))
    {
    }

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Dean,

Thanks for pointing that out.

I would also say the same :slight_smile:

I am closing this thread down and if someone needs to ask any question about it, kindly create a new thread with the reference to this thread so that the original poster can answer it accordingly.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.