marketpress general questions

I have a client who would need a webstore set up and I'd like to try out marketpress but I have two requirements about which I am not sure if Marketpress fulfills them:

- payment by EFT, i.e. I go to shop, check out, select EFT and get a confirmation mail with the account data where to transfer the payment to.
- offer customer login so shipping details and/or payment detaisl don't have to be entered again on return purchase

are these two doable?

the first one I need as the client will at first not offer credit card or paypal payment options. the second one is needed as he will have mostly returning customers.

• Philip John

Hey Ovidiu!

I'll deal with each of your requirements individually....

- payment by EFT, i.e. I go to shop, check out, select EFT and get a confirmation mail with the account data where to transfer the payment to.

MarketPress doesn't offer EFT at the moment, but it's a sinch to add your own payment gateways so that shouldn't be too hard! If you're not keen on adding your own, we may be able to help out there...

- offer customer login so shipping details and/or payment detaisl don't have to be entered again on return purchase

MarketPress doesn't store credit card or shipping details as everything is handled through the external gateway. Probably a good thing as I don't think holding those kind of details using WordPress would be very secure!

Obviously users who choose PayPal as their payment method can take advantage of PayPal's ability to remember credit card or bank details and thereby take care of that entire step for you...

How does that sound?

Phil

• Ovidiu

Thanks Phil,

is there a how-to somewhere on how to add your own gateway? Any hints?
    I understand the issue with storing the data in the wordpress installation, thanks for pointing it out.

Will have to go check other e-commerce plugins and finally even compare them with a full-blown e-commerce solution versus a plugin.

Anyone able to suggest alternatives that would satisfy these two points I asked for or further reasons to discourage me from pursueing them?

• Ovidiu

@Phil: care to help me a bit more?
    I'm a bit in over my head with creating a gateway, not really sure I need one.

All I would need is a payment option, where the customer orders, then is shown the banking details where he needs to make the payment...

Then he gets the details via email too.

Is that doable?

Its a smal shop I am working on, few products and well, payment gateways are way too big for this :slight_smile:

• Aaron

Is that doable?

Yes, that would be pretty easy with a custom payment gateway. Look at the paypal gateway file for an example of fully documented code. If it's beyond your expertise you'll need to get a dev to do it for you.

That's already part of the system. If you login on the cart page it will save/recall shipping and order information. Payment info is not saved though as that's not safe.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.