MarketPress – global cart plus chained payment

I just read in a forum post the following (reference original post at https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-help):

” I hope you guys are figuring out how to use chained payments with a global cart because that would be exceptional.

We are. In fact, it is possible already – but PayPal has limitations in their API for this scenario:

1. Global Shopping Cart (separate stores) = Max of 10 stores per order

2. Global Shopping Cart (separate stores) + Chained Payments = Max of 5 separate stores per order”

I need to set my site up like #2. However, when I enable Global shopping cart, the paypal chained payment section disappears. I really need help. I have submitted a number of questions via the forum and through this option and am not receiving any responses, despite the fact that I paid for the service and was told I would have support.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @lujeffcoat,

I just took a look at your profile and don’t see any where you have not received a response as of yet. Please check your profile here if you’ve missed out on any responses:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/profile/lujeffcoat

The way around this limitation (for now) is to network activate marketpress. mark global shopping cart as “no”. Then activate ONLY the chained payment gateaway. Then go back and mark global shopping cart as “yes”. You’ll get the chained payment options in the network admin and can assign the percentages.

Note that you’ll still face the limitations above.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• lujeffcoat
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I followed your instructions. Marked Global Cart as “no”. Activated ONLY chained payments. Went back and marked global cart as “yes”. Chained payments go away and only Paypal Express Checkout displays. No option in Network Admin to add a percentage. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As I mentioned this isn't a supported method. It's a "work around" as PayPal's gateway is fairly limited in this regard.

If you have followed the steps in order above – it will work, though you'll have to repeat them every time you want to review your settings.

To reiterate:

1. Set Enable Global shopping cart to "No"

2. Set all gateway permissions to "No Access" except PayPal Chained Payments. This one is set to "All can use"

3. Set up the PayPal chained gateway including percentage fee and all PayPal credentials.

4. Set Enable Global Shopping Cart to "Yes".

I've verified this on two separate installs and found it working both times. Screenshot of what you'll see is attached.

Thanks.

• min_us
    • The Bug Hunter

when i tried this work around what i got was the error message There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.

10002 – Authentication/Authorization Failed – You do not have permissions to make this API call i would love this feature just not sure what i did wrong?

@mason

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Paypal are saying that you don’t have permission to make that API call. Have you spoken to Paypal?

Explain to them that you’re setting up a global cart so different shops can checkout on a single purchase.

They should be able to tell you what’s needed on your Paypal account.

Cheers.

• Jim
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

We are. In fact, it is possible already – but PayPal has limitations in their API for this scenario:

1. Global Shopping Cart (separate stores) = Max of 10 stores per order

2. Global Shopping Cart (separate stores) + Chained Payments = Max of 5 separate stores per order”

…is there any way to activate the ability to use Global Shopping Cart + chained payments on only 5 stores at a time? Then it’s up to marketplace site providers to make the explanation on our sites as to why the limit is only 5… Which would be a dramatic improvement over no ability to pull into a global cart at all?? @aaron, possible?

• Merritt
    • Flash Drive

Well now that I’ve done further research (related topics) and contacted Paypal.

Items can be purchased from multiple vendors at one time but per Paypal API limitations it is limited to 5 separate vendors at a time.

The process to setup Global Shopping Cart + Paypal Chained Payments is:

To reiterate:

1. Set Enable Global shopping cart to “No”

2. Set all gateway permissions to “No Access” except PayPal Chained Payments. This one is set to “All can use”

3. Set up the PayPal chained gateway including percentage fee and all PayPal credentials.

4. Set Enable Global Shopping Cart to “Yes”.

But when I set “Enable Global Shopping Cart” to yes then it asks to setup Paypal Express Checkout and

my Paypal API credentials again. Is that correct???

Then I just did a test sell – purchase and I did not receive the percentage fee.

Thanks,

Merritt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.