Marketpress - Global List + Featured Images

I really need some help..

1) I need multiple featured images. The stuff suggested in other topics don't help.
2) I need the global list shortcode to display in a grid format. (for twenty twelve theme)

My setup is:

Multi-site Network
No Global search/cart (Using the chain payments method)
Framemarket/Gridmarket Theme
TT-Frontend Admin Panel

Please Any solution would be very much appreciated.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

#1 marketpress only supports 1 featured image as wordpress only allows 1 single featured image. we can't add what the wp core doesn't support itself.

however it doesn't stop you adding images to the product description area.

#2 I think for this you would need to edit the CSS maybe by adding float: left

i'm not sure which element exactly, do you have a url so i can take a look at your global product list page? you might also need to create a custom template for it, however you may need a developer for that as it's custom coding.

we do have a jobs board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

TT-front end plugin is not developed by us, i can't help you with that, it hasn't been updated since december 2012, which is why it probably doesn't work properly, you could contact the developers of that plugin and ask them to fix it.

hope this helps.

• espsjurs
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi again,

First of all, the main issue you have to think about is how you plan display your extra images in your product page. If you planning to use a lightbox, you migt get some answers here..

If you want to use gallery you should try the new galley shortcodes or the NextGEN Gallery.

This way you can use standard WP media options on your product posts, except with NextGEN..

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

• Sneakheads
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the help, but both of the solutions are too complicated for the users of my site. Most of them don't know code to insert the images and stuff with html, and the nextgen won't work because I don't want them in the backend. Guess there really is no solution. Just curious why is it not possible to add more than 1 images? All the other ecommerce plugins do it so there must be a way.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

marketpress by comparison to other plugins such as woocommerce is quite young. but is improving on every release.

I can certainly add these suggestions to our feature requests, so that they may be added to a future release. some other features being planned are for multiple shipping functionality & multiple downloads variations. maybe also the ability to attach an image to a variation when dealing with different coloured clothing etc. so each variation can have it's own image attached.

We welcome all feedback & will always try and add features that will be used by the vast majority of people.

Front-end posting I think is on the todo list, so hopefully it won't be too long till it's available.

hope this helps.

• espsjurs

Hi again,

To add functionality for more than one image without having to learn your users to code is easy. Your biggest problem is if your front end cant post them.. You should ask the developer to fix this!

But first you should be sure to understand that there can only be ONE featured image. This is standard WP functionality. But there can be multiple page gallery pictures who can be displayed any way you want, also as if they were featured.. But this has to be done with a plugin or custom tempalate coding.

You have to design your product page, and then get help to code the product template.

I guess that if you post your design idea here, you will get code samples within a few hours/days :slight_smile:

• espsjurs

Ok Sneakheads,

Then you should try this;

Edit the file mp_product.php found in your theme folder (Gridmarket) and add ONE line like this:

<?php // custom template for product single view
    get_header();
    ?>
    	<div id="content">
    					<h1 class="post-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
    		<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
    				<div class="product-photo"><?php mp_product_image(true, 'single', null); ?></div>
    				<div align="left" valign="top" width="100"><?php echo do_shortcode('[gallery columns="1" link="file"]'); ?></div>
    					<div class="product-details">
    				<div class="content-box">
    					<?php the_content(); ?>
    				</div>
    				<?php echo framemarket_product_meta(); ?>
    			</div>
    				<?php endwhile; else: ?>
    					<p><?php _e( 'Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.', 'framemarket' ) ?></p>
    				<?php endif; ?>
    		<?php comments_template( '', true ); ?>
    	</div>
    <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    <?php get_footer() ?>

The line added is
    <div align="left" valign="top" width="100"><?php echo do_shortcode('[gallery columns="1" link="file"]'); ?></div> in line 8.

PS! The code view in this forum is usless! Line 8 is in this view splitted on line 12 - 15 :slight_smile:

This should give you a thumb of all other images from the posts (product) gallery.

You can play with where you add the line to get it the way you want :slight_smile:

Espen

• espsjurs

Hi again,

When you add media to the post (product) using post editor and 'Add media' button, you should NOT use the 'Insert into post' button. This will add the media to the post without inserting it to the description.

One little thing, when using the gallery button normally the featured image will also normally be added to the gallery. The only way to avoid this is if the image is uploaded directly to the media library first, and added as featured image to the post later..

Not sure this was what you asked...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.