MarketPress Global Products Filter

Hi,
there is a "module" in ProSites that i do not recall seeing in previous versions.
the module is "MarketPress Global Products Filter".

I looked through ProSites changelog as well as MarketPress changelog and cannot locate it.
I also looked through the ProSites "Usage" instructions as well as the Youtube videos and cannot locate it.

also when this module is "activated" i cannot locate any extra settings for it under ProSites/Settings similar to how extra settings are offered when "modules" are "activated".

From the description i can only guess what i believe may be the functionality offered by activating it.
- Usually to build a marketplace with MarketPress, it (MarketPress) would have to be network activated, and therefore MarketPress plugin would be available to all sites even free/default level ProSites. so i am thinking/hoping this module solves that dilemma ?

So my questions is;
Can i get a detailed description of this module and its exact usage ?

your kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again in advance.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @amused,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This module is only displayed in the Pro Sites module list when we network activate the MarketPress plugin.

After network activating the MarketPress plugin, it acts as an global marketplace and you can display a network-wide list of products using its shortcode like [mp_list_global_products]

But the issue here is that it also lists the products from the non pro sites like the sites which are in trial period.

To avoid this just activate this pro site module "MarketPress Global Products Filter" and when enabled, it removes non-pro site products from the MarketPress global product lists. This module doesn't have any settings so it will work just activating it.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• amused

Ah yes ok great thanks a lot Vinod.
    please allow me to clarify just a bit further.

- so basically this solves the problem of allowing "free" (ProSites default level) sites from having products on the main sites product page / marketplace / global marketplace etc. which is a great feature.
    - but it will not solve the problem of allowing "free" (ProSites default level) sites to have an ecommerce solution (MarketPlace plugin), because MarketPlace would be "network activated" ?

i guess this was and still is my question.
    how to have a marketplace with MarketPress but only offer Pro Sites (not "free") an ecommerce solution with the MarketPress plugin.
    in other words the set up would be ;
    - ProSites levels offered = free (ProSites default) as well as paid levels,
    - same multisite offering a global marketplace (MarketPress plugin),
    - paid sites (Pro sites) get access to MarketPress plugin for their own site as well as offer products on the global marketplace.
    - free sites (ProSites default) do NOT get access to both the MarketPress plugin for their own site as well as offer products on the global marketplace.

the above mentioned ProSites "module" (MarketPress Global Products Filter) will solve half of what i am thinking but is there any way to not allow the MarketPress plugin to "free" sites ?

i hope i have explained myself properly.
    look forward to further clarification and thanks once again for your kind assistance and support.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @amused,

Thank you for your quick reply.

- so basically this solves the problem of allowing "free" (ProSites default level) sites from having products on the main sites product page / marketplace / global marketplace etc. which is a great feature.

Yes you are right.

- but it will not solve the problem of allowing "free" (ProSites default level) sites to have an ecommerce solution (MarketPlace plugin), because MarketPlace would be "network activated" ?

Yes you are right.

the above mentioned ProSites "module" (MarketPress Global Products Filter) will solve half of what i am thinking but is there any way to not allow the MarketPress plugin to "free" sites ?

There is already a feature request created for this feature and this feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

In the meanwhile you can try using the custom solution posted in the following reply to achieve it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/restrict-usage-of-a-network-activated-plugin#post-742049

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.