MarketPress Global Variable Pricing?

Hello,
I am working on a photography site for my client that uses BuddyPress and MarketPress which allows users to upload their own photographs (still in the development phase) to be purchased for printing on canvas. The photos are the products. My client has quite a large pricing structure with over 60 different prices and combinations for each photo/product. Is there a way in PHPMyAdmin to create a variable pricing database that would allow the pricing structure to be applied to each photo uploaded? Does this make sense? Basically, I can't do 60 different variations every time a photo is uploaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone knows of a different way please feel free to share!
Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Macdesign,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

May I suggest that though it will be a lot of work to get setup, put in the 60 variations for one product, then use what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat to copy and paste the variations into the other products.

Please advise if this will do the job for you.

Cheers, Joe

• Macdesign
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I need to have it so that when the user uploads their product to the store it would populate with all the prices. If we get a lot of users I don't want to have copy and paste every time a product is uploaded. I was hoping to have it automated. Is there a way I can just add the different pricing options as a product right before checkout that is mandatory to select an option? For instance, if the base price for every product is $5.00 then can I have the different pricing options at checkout where they have to select an option? (A Matte canvas print at 8x10 would be $15.00, at 9x12 would be $20.00, etc.). I don't mind populating the different prices one time but my client or myself won't be able to keep up with copying and pasting prices for every product that is uploaded. Thanks for the help.

Matt

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Matt,

This one is a tough one and I cannot think of a possible working solution for this because it is certain that you would not want to give a client direct access to the database using Navicat or anything else.

So with this in mind I am going to have to turn to the WPMU Dev lead developer for input hoping that he may have an answer that I have not considered that may work for this situation.

This may take a bot longer then a normal ticket but I see if I can get him in here for his advice on this issue asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Matt,

Just touching base with you just to let you know we have not forgotten about you and that I hope to get the lead developer in here soon to see if he may have any possible suggestions on how to get this complex situation handled.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

It's definitely possible if you have a developer to do some custom coding. I don't think you could filter it on the fly, but it would be fairly easy to have all your variations prefilled and applied whenever a product is published/saved. They'll just need to update the various post_meta attributes on the 'save_post' hook.

This is of course being custom code is far beyond what we can do for you in support here, but this should point your developer in the right direction.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.