MarketPress, GoogleCheck Out Not Working. Please help.

To whom this may concern:

A few days ago I purchased your marketpress plugin ($39 for month, as a trial). I was initially impressed with how easy it was to set up the store, but knew there would be a potential problem, and there is, when setting up the payment option. I chose to go with google checkout. I have another online store I had someone set up for me, before I discovered wordpress. On that site (http://skin-lighteningstore.com), I have google checkout, I have a goole merchant account set up for that.

So what I did is this: I designed a wordpress site (http://skin-lightening-store.com) and purchased your marketpress plugin. All is working well, except the google checkout. Please answer the following:

1). Can I use the same google merchant account on several sites? I was told yes!

2). I followed the instructions that accompany your marketpress plugin, looked up the merchant id and the merchant key. I set that up. What I don't understand is this:

What is the difference between sandbox and live? What is meant by this, as per your instructions?

You must setup your API callback URL in Google Checkout to be able to process orders.Login to the Integration page of your Merchant Center sandbox or production account. (You must set it of each)

[ What does set it of each mean?] I didn't see that option anywhere in google merchant account.

3. This is the message I get if I try to run the a test purchase on the site with your plugin:

There was a problem setting up your purchase with Google Checkout. Please try again or select a different payment method.
Bad username and/or password for API Access.

4. What about setting up a security option for the site, so consumers know their purchases will be safe?

I have a ton of other projects to work with, and like the other plugins your company has to offer, but I'm not sure if to proceed with others given the trouble I'm having now.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks so much,
Anabelle

• DavidM

Hi Anabelle and welcome to the forums!

It seems like this all surrounds the setup of the credentials for your account, we'll take a look though!

1). Can I use the same google merchant account on several sites? I was told yes!

Yes, as with other gateways, you should be able to use the same account on multiple sites, it may just take a bit of a setup, which you appear to have already gone through.

2). I followed the instructions that accompany your marketpress plugin, looked up the merchant id and the merchant key. I set that up. What I don't understand is this:
    What is the difference between sandbox and live? What is meant by this, as per your instructions?
    You must setup your API callback URL in Google Checkout to be able to process orders.Login to the Integration page of your Merchant Center sandbox or production account. (You must set it of each)
    [ What does set it of each mean?] I didn't see that option anywhere in google merchant account.

Good question! The Sandbox is solely for testing, and you'll need some slightly different credentials for that purpose. It's not at all necessary, just useful for testing purposes.

It may be that this is the reason it's not working as you've likely got your credentials for a Live set. So for that reason, you may just want to switch that to Live site if you haven't already.

3. This is the message I get if I try to run the a test purchase on the site with your plugin:
    There was a problem setting up your purchase with Google Checkout. Please try again or select a different payment method.
    Bad username and/or password for API Access.

I think this has to do with the Sandbox/Live setup above. Could you look into that?

4. What about setting up a security option for the site, so consumers know their purchases will be safe?

Google takes care of all the security actually, your site need not store credit card data, etc. for that reason.

Cheers,
    David

• anabelley01

Thanks for your prompt response! <Anyone reading this thread that is thinking of doing business with you guys, I can attest to the fact that the service is SUPERB!>

For item # 3: David, I did set marketpress to live.

For item #2: David, this is what the payment setup has as instructions within the plugin, what does this mean?

[You must setup your API callback URL in Google Checkout to be able to process orders.Login to the Integration page of your Merchant Center sandbox or production account. (You must set it of each)]

I will try to go through the process again and will write back if I get a resolution. If you could answer the above question, I would very much appreciate it.

So impressed with your service!

• DavidM

Hmm, could you please check to ensure there's no white space (any extra spaces) at the end of either your Merchant ID or Merchant Key?

The following page details the error you're receiving:
    https://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=70794

And my best guess is that the ID or key is somehow incorrect.

Also, I did forget to clarify earlier, the "You must set it of each" is actually meant to explain that you need to setup the ID and Key for the Sandbox and Live site separately. You've already done that part, so that's nothing to worry about at this point.

Thanks,
    David

• Philip John

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.