Marketpress grid not properly formatted

Hi!
The new feature you added to the marketpress major update (Grid display) is not properly formated: product price seems to mix with product name.
To produce this error, try having a long product name...
I am sure its something that has to do with the css, please fix it.
You can roll out a product like that without noticing that kinda error, yet ignoring it.
FYI i used this on the marketpress theme provided by wpmudev. Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jamalRobert,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention and indeed it can be handled by css coding as electroasd mentioned.

Here is some information on learning css:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/

You can roll out a product like that without noticing that kinda error, yet ignoring it.

Who mentioned ignoring anything? Where is that coming from?

Where did you get this idea that a css adjustment equals ignoring an item?

There is no one size fits all no matter how well something is coded.

Maybe instead title truncating should be introduced, that will certainly take care of the item, but only the lead developer can make that decision.

With that said this would not be a Market Press issue as you have categorized this but indeed obviously a theme issue/css item.

So I can dig into this to give you some coding, what theme are you referring to? Frame Market/Grid Market ~or~ Simple Market ~or~ Products? They could all be considered Market Press themes.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jamalRobert
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi AECNU, its Simple market theme, and pretty much on all other theme i have used it with.
    Well if its a css issue, it should be corrected.
    This is something thats required and not optional, people's business depend on this: my business depends on this, soo leaving something critical like this to the decision of the lead developer isn't exactly right: what if he never decides to fix it and am stuck with improper product name and price display due to bad css and all that.
    It took you guys for ever to put up this very important feature (grid display) on marketpress now only for it not to play well with themes. Please fix this.

Thanks.

PS: i cant go learning css cos of this, am too busy, i have things to do... i just need it to work, thats all.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @jamalRobert, I hope you're well today!

Could you please try adding the following at the end of your theme's style.css file and let me know if that works for you?

.mp_product_price {
      font-size: 14px;
      line-height: 16px;
    }
    .mp_grid .mp_product_price:before {
      background: none;
    }
    h3 {
      font-size: 1.3em;
    }

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jamalRobert,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a great weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• jamalRobert
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry for the non response.

This worked well for the "Modern" theme, but still doesn't correct the issues for "classic" and "icon" themes in marketpress settings.

Another issue is, how to locate and edit the pages created by marketpress.: store,products,shopping-cart, category,tag.

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jamalRobert,

These are dynamic pages and must be modified in the heart of Market Press itself.

Therefore get your coding fingers together and modify the code as you see fit which would start with marketpress.php in the root of the plugins folder.

In any event, once again have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.