MarketPress + GridMarket Pages

Hi,
It is probably staring me in the face.... but How do I access the pages that are created by MarketPress such as Store>Products?

I am using Product and Grid Market themes and neither the dashboard pages nor menu sections let me access these pages.

I want to access the pages to
1) change the order of their appearance on the drop down navigation menu
2) Designate the list of products as the opening page for a site but
Dashboard>Settings>Reading does not show the pages created by MarketPress.

Thanks

• Aaron

MarketPress uses virtual pages that are always nested after the actually created "Store" page. You can change the slugs, or location of the store page in a custom menu, but they are not actual pages you can edit.

1) change the order of their appearance on the drop down navigation menu

You can create your own dropdown using a custom menu and linking to the pages with custom links.

2) Designate the list of products as the opening page for a site but
    Dashboard>Settings>Reading does not show the pages created by MarketPress.

You can use a shortcode in a page for that.

• Atlanta

Thanks Aaron, I should have known #2.

Re #1) change the order of their appearance on the drop down navigation menu
    You can create your own dropdown using a custom menu and linking to the pages with custom links.

If I set a default blog template and use the actual URL then the new blog created will only point to that main URL, not the revised version for their store.
    Eg,
    domain/store
    domain/subsite/store

If I put
    /store in the custom menu it points to
    domain/store

Am I missing something obvious like I did for

• Mason

Hiya sdominique,

Changing the menus and then using New Blog Templates will result in the issue as you state. At the moment, there's no real way around this.

The other option would be to create the store links as part of the theme. If you write the template to call that specific blog ID and the page template you won't have to do a custom menu and it'll display the correct store page for that menu item.

Hope that makes sense. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Mason

Sure,

Depending on your theme and needs you can hardcode an item into the menu and still allow the end user to customize the rest of their options. To do on sub-sites with MarketPress in a theme that already has custom menu support it'd look something like this:

// Filter wp_nav_menu() to add Home and MarketPress links and other output
    function new_nav_menu_items($items) {
    	$homelink = '<li><a href="' . home_url( '/' ) . '">' . __('Home') . '</a></li>';
    	$mpstore = '<li><a href="' . home_url( '/store/' ) . '">' . __('Store') . '</a></li>';
    	$items = $homelink . $mpstore . $items;
    	return $items;
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'new_nav_menu_items' );

Just drop the above in your themes function.php file.
    Note that you'd have to make sure they never changed the link slug settings for MarketPress.

This is just an example, you could go through and code any custom pages you wanted this way. The links will appear - and will be manditory - they can use the custom menus to add their own other links through the menu nav.

If you wanted even more control - and didn't want to give users the option of adjusting their menu items you could even remove custom menus altogether and just have all the links setup in the theme by default.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.