Marketpress Help

Ok I'm not a coder and have only been using Wordpress a year and a half It's Brilliant. Now I installed Marketpress Followed instructions to the letter a month ago, there is what I assume is a light box or something, it does nothing, I have read through the code and searched for answers, I want it to do something or just get rid of it. Not even sure if it is Marketpress related or it is coded in my theme somehow( although its never presented itself on any other page of my site) Any Suggestions?! http://brutalbroadcast.com/main/store/products/

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello scattlefunked and welcome to the WPMUDEV forums,

Please try this:
    1. Find and open your style-black.css file which is inside your theme folder (/main/wp-content/themes/eVid/style-Black.css)
    2. Put in there (on a new line) the following:

/* Fix to get rid of the video on the top */
    #header4 { display:none; }

3. Save and have a look at your page again

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We are here to help. :slight_smile:
    Thank you for your time,
    marikamitsos.

Should you find the provided solution satisfactory, please mark the topic as resolved.
    Thanks again, marikamitsos

• scattlefunked
    • New Recruit

You guys R Funny, I've got another Problem (Suddenly purchasing that Elite Status was well worth it )
    ok

Using this USPS Shipping calculator requires requesting an Ecommerce API Username and Password.

Did That got it and testing scripts

You must test and then Activate your credentials with USPS before going live.

Ok trying to.

Scripted Test Requests

There are two test requests included in this procedure. All of the test script code contained in this document can be cut and pasted for your use in testing the software.

OK BUT WHERE do you paste the scripts? do you paste it in marketpress/marketpress-includes/marketpress-shipping.php?

Thanks in Advance

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya scattlefunked,

From what I can see from the instructions in the attached image, you would have received a registration email with a Testing URL and a USERID. So the steps would be as follows:

Step 1 = Copy the 2 Test Requests shown in your image to Notepad (or any other text editor) and paste your USERID where you see USERID in each code.

Step 2 = Click the Testing URL in your registration email. Then paste Test Request #1 into your browser's address bar (or an on-page form if there is one there). Repeat with Test Request #2.

Step #3 = Follow any instructions that may pop up on that page when you're done.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

• scattlefunked
    • New Recruit

yeah i have tried that keeps saying Bad Request and their 800 number (which says is being maned from 7am to 11pm daily) says they are closed. Arrgh.

well have 2 other questions

1) I can't find where to change font color for the choose option button (im sure i have overlooked it in the code)

2)when an item has been chosen, then choose a size and add to cart.....No cart button appears to take you to complete the order, is there some where short code [mp_cart_link] should be pasted?

Thanks

• alaJoAnn
    • New Recruit

Dear Scattlefunked,

If you got through to USPS, you already know this. But, for others....

When you're using a third-party ecommerce plugin, such as MarketPress, on your website, USPS does not require you to perform a test in order to use the weight calculator API. Instead, just email USPS Support and explain you're using a third-party ecommerce app. They'll bump you into production mode. This is how they put it to me:

"Since you are using a third party software, testing is not required. Congratulations you have been granted PRODUCTION permission to the Address Information APIs. You are now able to run live requests with the UserID originally provided to you."

Note that you'll be able to run LIVE requests. It won't work if you're in PayPal Sandbox mode.

The Best!
    JoAnn

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Thanks for that JoAnn, good to know. :slight_smile:

Hey scattlefunked.

1) I can't find where to change font color for the choose option button (im sure i have overlooked it in the code)

The font colour would need to be changed in the CSS, you could include it within your theme to ensure that updates of MarketPress do not overwrite the changes you made. (updating the theme would also overwrite the theme css changes unless of course its your own code or you use a child theme.

If any of these things seem alien to you then please feel free to pop open another thread as it varies from the original question it will ensure we do not confuse matters here :slight_smile:

2)when an item has been chosen, then choose a size and add to cart.....No cart button appears to take you to complete the order, is there some where short code [mp_cart_link] should be pasted?

You could include the shortcode with a custom text widget:

Admin --> Appearance --> Text widget

Or within a page/post.

The plugin also has its own widget for you to use as well for the cart.

Did you get everything else sorted or are you still need some help here?

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I was just checking in the Admin and I believe its just your username and shipping weight.

The url is in the API I think.

Is it not working when you enter the correct credentials?

They are in:

Admin --> Products --> Settings --> Shipping (tab)

I don't personally use UPS, they are not so big in the UK. So its a little new to me (its new in MarketPress as well) but if you still have problems with the correct credentials entered then let me know and I'll ask someone more familiar with the UPS company and our integration to pop in.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.