MarketPress help needed

Hi guys,

I recently updated my client’s site to the latest version of MarketPress and a bunch of stuff got messed up. The old version was from when MarketPress was $19/month instead of being included with the WPMU subscription. So it went back a ways.

Once I updated none of our 122 products were showing.

It prompted me to update the database which I did and the products appeared to come back.

It also prompted me to either use the setup wizard or go through the steps manually. I opted to go through manually and ended up just using the defaults which looked like they might be what we had originally because it showed a specific tax rate. Once completed I checked the site and noticed the following right away.

If you go to Shop in the navigation bar then click on either Dermalogica or Clear Start, then click the Shop Now button, it shows Page Not Found.

If you go to the Product Index page under Shop, it has multiple links. The first three do not work. The other direct links to products do work, but the product information itself is missing images.

Can you walk me through what I need to do to get all those things working again so I don’t mess anything up and do it correctly? I can give you access to the admin dashboard if needed and my phone number if it would be easiest to go through this over the phone.

Thanks, James

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello James, I hope you are doing well today!

Please reset the Permalinks on your site. Navigate to Settings > Permalinks and re-save the changes. Clear the page cache and check if the pages are showing.

It also can be due to the plugin conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site temporary using default WordPress theme like Twenty Sixteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins and activating them one by one as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

If this is not a conflict, would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look at your site?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind regards,

Nastia

• jamesb303
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I left a message in the support access note area. Basically tried turning off all plugins except for MarketPress. Pages were still missing and images in products were still missing.

Trying the 2016 theme did not work because the navigation to the pages disappeared.

Note that we added an SSL certificate which may be the problem? Hope that helps!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello jamesb303 , I hope you are well!

I'd like to have a closer look at the situation here, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form?

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nastia

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)

– Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Kind regards,

Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello jamesb303 , My apologies for delayed reply

I’ve checked your site and the first issue that I’ve found is that store pages weren’t selected in Store Settings > Presentation > Store Page.

Pages like Shopping Cart, Order Status and Checkout wasn’t created. I’ve created these pages for you.

As for category 404 issue, since you;ve created a custom shop page, the previous category slug has changed from this:

yoursite.com/store/products/category/dermalogica/

to this, where you can view the products that belonged to this category

yoursite.com/shop-home/products-page/category/dermalogica/

So you will need to edit your links that go to category page from /store/products/ to /shop-home/products-page/.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Nastia

• jamesb303

Oops. I replied too quickly. I just realized that we still have a problem. If you go into each product page, it is missing an image under the description tab, just above the text description. I’m not sure what that is supposed to be since we have the main image above. If you click it you get a 404 Page Not Found error. Do you know what that image or link is supposed to be and how to fix it?

I checked a couple products. The first one under Dermalogica is a good place to start. It’s named UltraCalming Treatment Kit.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello jamesb303 , I hope you are doing well today!

I can see the issue on your site. It seems that the URL link leads to another WordPress installation. It’s like the site was migrated from the /wp/ and the image URL links wasn’t replaced after the migration.

Currently, the link of the image looks like this:

https://site.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dermalogica_Logo_270w.gif

And it should be like this:

https://site.com/uploads/2013/07/Dermalogica_Logo_270w.gif

You can update the images’ URLs with the Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/

Inside the plugin, you will be shown a screen that allows you to type in your old website URL as well as your new website URL.

For old URL place your site with the /wp/ slug:

https://site.com/wp/

And at the New URL field, place your site without the /wp/ slug:

https://site.com

This will replace the broken links within your site.

Cheers,

Nastia

• jamesb303

Hi again Nastia,

That tip with Velvet Blues worked great on the missing Dermalogica logos that appear in the description section on each of those product pages. Thanks so much!

I noticed two other pretty major problems too though. I went through each product to check them all and noticed that the main image on all products that have “variations” are not showing the image. An example is this product. https://skinesthetics.com/shop-home/products-page/ultracalming-mist/

I clicked on the image and it shows this address: https://skinesthetics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/UC_MIST_Large-1×1.jpg

I tried to update it in the product pages by going to the Product Variations section. Then clicked on each variation, which took me to the Media Library where I did a search on “mist”. It only found one image named without the “-1×1” appended to the end.

https://skinesthetics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/UC_MIST_Large.jpg

I clicked Insert Into Post, saved the product page and refreshed the page to see if it updated it, but it does not. I also selected both images (since both variations use the same image) and clicked Bulk Actions > Update Images > Apply. But that also did not fix the problem.

Notice that “US_MIST_Large.jpg” is in a folder from 2013 when I originally set up the product. I didn’t upload anything this month in 2016 so I don’t know where that other file came from in the 2016/12 uploads folder.

Note that I downloaded that “US_MIST_Large-1×1.jpg” file from the FTP and checked it’s size. It is 1px x 1px and a gray color. Weird.

I’m not sure if this is significant, but if you try to highlight and then copy the text and image on the product page, it shows a hidden line of text just under the blank gray image that reads “end mp_single_product_images”. I thought that was a bit odd.

The other problem is that if you click on the 3rd page of Dermalogica products it returns an Internal Server Error. Why would it do this with just that one page?

Do you know can we fix this?

For reference, these are the products with Variations from Dermalogica that are missing images.

UltraCalming™ mist

UltraCalming™ cleanser

special cleansing gel

skin smoothing cream

skin resurfacing cleanser

essential cleansing solution

dermal clay cleanser

conditioning body wash

clearing skin wash

body hydrating cream

antioxidant hydramist

active moist

These are products with missing images that would appear on page 3 if it linked properly

multivitamin hand and nail treatment

intensive moisture balance

multi-active toner

• jamesb303

Nastia,

Did you try to log in to the Skin Esthetics website? I just got an email authorization code. I’m assuming/hoping that was you. So I turned of 2-factor authentication for now. Please try again and let me know if that was you or not.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi jamesb303 ,

That was me :slight_smile: Thanks for deactivating the authentication!

Before I try any modifications, could you please keep a backup so we can restore back if needed?

After that, I have attached a mu-plugin which you can upload to the wp-content/mu-plugins folder (if that folder doesn’t exist you can create it via ftp client of cPanel ).

Once you upload it you will have a new admin menu Store Settings > Force DB Update.

This opens a page which forces to update products once more. After process is complete please check and let us know if you still have same issues so we can proceed on deeper file checking.

Thanks!

Panos

• jamesb303

Panos,

I do have a recent backup. I installed the plugin and ran it. I notice that some products with variations showed “Complete” but others did not show that. I wrote down the product ID’s of the ones the did not complete. There were 12 of them which matches the list in my previous note. I could not figure out where the product ID’s relate to the name of each product, so I just went into the ones that I noted and checked them. The preview still shows a blank gray box. And I noticed that it had duplicated each variation. So we have two sets of each now. I believe the set with the generic image icon is the new set because before we ran the plugin they had the small thumbnail of the product.

I did a quick test on the Essential Cleansing Solution by toggling Featured Products > Is Featured, to ON. Wondering if the main image needed to be turned on with this setting. But it did not change anything.

What can we try now?

I turned off 2-factor authentication if you want to poke around in the WP dashboard.

• jamesb303

For some reason none of our product pages are working right now. For instance the Shop Now button links are not pulling up the Market Press categories and the page displays “Page Not Found”. Any idea what changed? All I’ve done recently was deactivate plugins and changed to the 2016 theme, then changed them back during a test of the Snapshot backup feature.

Dermalogica – https://skinesthetics.com/dermalogica/

Shop button goes here – https://skinesthetics.com/shop-home/products-page/category/dermalogica/

Clear Start – https://skinesthetics.com/clear-start/

Shop button goes here – https://skinesthetics.com/shop-home/products-page/category/clear-start

If you go to the Shop button > Product Index > and click any individual product, it does not find the pages.

Help?

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi jamesb303 ,

Thanks for your patience on this and really sorry for the delay!

I notice that there were indeed duplicated variations which had wrong pricing and no images. I removed them manually and it seems to be working in front end when switching. Could you please have a look and let me know how it works for you?

Thanks!

• jamesb303

That worked, at least when I first went to Shop > Dermalogica > Shop Now. Here you see a list of all the products and I clicked on the UltraCalming Mist variations button and got a pop up window. It added to the cart just fine. I then tried UltraCalming Cleanser and that worked too.

But then I tried clicking on the title of the UltraCalming Mist product to see the product detail page. When I did that I got the error pasted below.

I backed out and went to Shop > Dermalogica and am now getting the same error on that main page so I can’t even see any of the products. The same error shows if I go to the Shop > Product Index and click on any of the products or categories (with the exception of the Clear Start category and it’s products which seem to be fine for some reason).

Note that I was able to click on the UltraCalming Mist product in the Cart and it opens up the product detail page there. But it does not show the product image. It is still just showing a gray box.

Can you look into this and provide some solutions as soon as possible?

Error:

Fatal error: MP_Product::on_sale(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "MP_Product" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data03/36/2737936/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-product.php on line 1613

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi jamesb303 ,

I checked that line and it contained a typo :

$on_sale |= $variation->on_sale();

I have corrected it to:

$on_sale = $variation->on_sale();

Although I’m not sure that’s the issue. Earlier I noticed that there were some 503 pages which means that server is temporarily unavailable. So what I am guessing is that when you visited the products page there was this response from server when trying to load product information. But this is a just a guess.

Please monitor and keep us posted so we can check if it is some way related to MarketPress.

Thanks!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey jamesb303 ,

I noticed that the size wasn’t set in the image functions so I set it statically to 250 in file template-functions.php at line 2477, from:

$return .= ( $variation ) ? $variation->image( false, 'single', $size, $image_alignment ) : $product->image( false, 'single', $size, $image_alignment );

to

$return .= ( $variation ) ? $variation->image( false, 'single', $size, $image_alignment ) : $product->image( false, 'single', '250', $image_alignment );

It should be working now, could you please confirm?

Thanks!

• jamesb303

It looks like I might be having server issues again because I can’t get to that page? Do you know what might be going on, on the server side to cause this problem?

Here are the two errors I get.

When clicking on title of UltraCalming Mist from Shop > Dermalogica > Shop Now.

Fatal error: MP_Product::get_price(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "MP_Product" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data03/36/2737936/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-product.php on line 1682

When clicking on UltraCalming category from Shop > Product Index > UltraCalming

Fatal error: MP_Product::on_sale(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "MP_Product" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data03/36/2737936/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-product.php on line 1613

• jamesb303

Interesting. Thanks for sticking with me on this!

I just tested by going to Shop > Dermalogica > Shop Now > UltraCalming Mist, then clicked on that product title and the image showed up and I was able to select a variation and add to the cart.

But then I went to Shop > Product Index, and clicked UltraCalming category, and got the error pasted below.

Then I went back to Shop > Dermalogica and click the Shop Now button and get the same error. I’ve tried it on both Safari and Chrome and get the same thing.

The Clear Start product page still loads fine.

Can you check again and see if anyone else there knows why this might be happening?

• jamesb303

Yes.

https://skinesthetics.com/shop-home/products-page/category/ultracalming/

That is one of the pages. But it is loading currently. It’s inconsistent.

I then clicked on the Mist product and got the 1682 error.

https://skinesthetics.com/shop-home/products-page/ultracalming-mist/

Then I clicked on this and get the 1613 error.

https://skinesthetics.com/shop-home/products-page/category/dermalogica/

Then I clicked on this and get the same 1613 error.

https://skinesthetics.com/shop-home/products-page/category/ultracalming/

It seems like it works initially but then it completely locks up. What do you think is causing this?

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey jamesb303 ,

A colleague of mine could replicate in incognito mode (I didn’t think of trying in incognito), so I tried too and could replicate.

I have renamed file wp-content/object-cache.php to __object-cache.php and now it seems to be working for me and my colleague.

Could you please try again and let us know if anything has changed?

Thanks!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey jamesb303 ,

Glad it works :slight_smile:

The wp-content folder doesn’t get updated with WordPress updates, so it won’t be changed by update.

This file was probably created by a caching plugin like W3T or a similar one. I can’t tell if this issue will appear again if this plugin re-creates that file. If it does appear again we now know where to look!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.