MarketPress - Help with Paypal API Madness

Been chatting to one of the guys at Paypal for a few weeks now trying to get my API credentials setup for MarketPress.

They want to test the store, but I cant seem to get things working. I found it weird that they want to test the app that is not approved yet, but I assume I need to have the sandbox setup?

So, I've applied for the app, have everything but the application ID which says it aint necessary to test.

I have all the other details filled out.

I also applied for a sandbox and have that setup. I keep on getting various errors when I click on purchase a product.

I have tried various combinations of leaving the app info out, adding just the sandbox info and tested the main site and other subblogs, but I always run into one of these:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
520009 - Account thxxxxxxxxt@gmail.com is restricted

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
560029 - The required X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header is missing from the HTTP request

579040 - The receivers george_128xxxxxxxx@thatmlmbeat.com and george_128xxxxxx@thatmlmbeat.com can\'t belong to the same PayPal account

While they are all self explanatory, I still don't know how to get them to work.

Anyone know what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

George

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

This is one of the reasons why I said thew *cough* with them and got a merchant account. Have a problem? One call, a mention that I can;t process and within 30 minutes later I;ve got a tech calling me back to look at the problem. Having a keypad is kind of cool too. Never used it though since I don;t have a home phone...

Dumb question about the 009 error. Is the account restricted? Google'ing for that error suggests that you'll get that is the receiver of the money hasn't verified their account. Also:

https://www.x.com/message/182657

560029: Check the sending data as it;s missing your id code:

https://www.x.com/thread/39441

And the last one, didn't we have someone earlier today mentioning that the orders were going threough twice? I wonder if this is the same issue.

• georgef
    • The Incredible Code Injector

This is one of the reasons why I said thew *cough* with them and got a merchant account. Have a problem? One call, a mention that I can;t process and within 30 minutes later I;ve got a tech calling me back to look at the problem.

Ah, I wish it was that easy for us Aussies that want to except US $$!

I opened an LLC a few months ago and still trying to get things setup so that I can have a descent merchant account... not an easy setup without a social security no...

Dumb question about the 009 error. Is the account restricted? Google'ing for that error suggests that you'll get that is the receiver of the money hasn't verified their account.

Account is verified, the only thing I can think there is that the App is not yet verified. So kinda confused how they want to test my store with an App that is not yet approved.. Unless it has to be with the Sandbox, but those details are in and not working either.

• Aaron
    • CTO

From the errors looks like you don't have the mode set to sandbox in chained payments. Also make sure you only enable chained payments gateway to avoid confusion.

Then you need to create 2 seller accounts and 1 buyer account at developer.paypal.com. the buyer buys the product, one seller for the store owner, and the other seller for you the network admin (which you'll need the API keys for).

• Jamin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

oh looks like i got it to work hah :smiley:

Aaron's advise was spot on! 3 accounts.. start from scratch.. got it to work!

Now it just comes up with an error after comfirming the purchase..

"Your payment can't be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again."

Is that just because its in Sandbox mode?

• Puremedia
    • New Recruit

I was receiving the 520009 - Account thxxxxxxxxt@gmail.com is restricted error.

It turns out that the email address you have to use in the main MarketPress Network Options is the sandbox account email address, not your real one.

I couldn't find that documented anywhere.

Perhaps another field in the PayPal Chained Payments Settings for:
    PayPal Sandbox Email Address and swapping that email address when making sandbox calls would solve this issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.