Marketpress & Homepage...

With the Marketpress plugin, are we able to add anything on the website homepage that would showcase a certain number of items from the individual vendor pages, i.e. a couple rows of random products to show BEFORE shoppers click a link to go to the actual shop page (in addition, can you display random vendors as well, like a single row of featured vendors that you can charge a monthly fee)? Not finding either of these options anywhere but I'm guessing they're available. Thanks...

• Luís

Hi John ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I understood well, you are using MarketPress in a Multisite environment and want to get a list of the subsites products. If yes, I think you can use the Global Products shortcode:

[mp_list_global_products]

You need to network enable MarketPress and also, add the "order_by" parameter:

[mp_list_global_products paginate="1 " order_by="rand" list_view="1"]

You can find these in the shortcode generator:

Note: You need to run the Product indexer in network admin -> Settings -> Store Network, to index all products of you network.

(in addition, can you display random vendors as well, like a single row of featured vendors that you can charge a monthly fee)

Unfortunately, MarketPress don't have any built in feature to do that. If all your subsites are stores, maybe you can try get all the subsites admins? I tried to find a solution to do this, but unfortunately I was unable.

If this solution can work to you, I can try ping our SLS team (code experts :slight_smile: ) to get their valuable feedback.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• John

Luis, thanks so much for the feedback and information. From what I can tell, this should be what we're looking to do but I'll let ya know once we get a couple stores added (had to start rebuilding the entire site since it was already setup and we didn't want sub-domains, felt it was better to have sub-directories for a variety of reasons).

We were close to launch but didn't realize how much more effective Multisite could be to give store owners more autonomy over their shipping/taxes/etc than a standard site using W**Commerce!

So far, besides the issue with having to rebuild it's been a great learning experience w/WPMUDEV & Multisite so far; I'll let you know if I'm able to find anything out on the store owners and how to have them added to the front page for a "featured section" if we're able to figure that out...

• Luís

Hi John ,

To show that shortcode, MarketPress needs to be network activated.

1) Go to your network admin panel -> Plugins and "network activate" MarketPress;

2) Go again to the page you want, and check the "shortcode generator".

The "Global" shortcodes should be displayed now. If not, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your issue?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• John

Luis,
    We'd already network activated Marketpress and don't seem to be getting the correct shortcodes; additionally, we're using an external theme for both the primary site and all sub-sites since nothing stands out as a marketplace site any longer since FrameMarket/GridMarket have been discontinued.

Most every theme has constant upgrade options messages and annoying requests/popups for add-ons that I don't want shop owners to deal with, and nothing in your new suite of Upfront starter themes seems to be simple enough for stores across a network.

I've granted access so you can see what the issue is with the shortcodes, and I'll try another theme, maybe on of the starters for Upfront, but if you can make a recommendation that would be great. Thanks...

• Luís

Hi John ,

I tried to access your site using support staff access, but I was unable. Could you please revoke and after regrant the support staff access again?

Most every theme has constant upgrade options messages and annoying requests/popups for add-ons that I don't want shop owners to deal with, and nothing in your new suite of Upfront starter themes seems to be simple enough for stores across a network.

What you mean by "annoying requests/popups"? Can you share a screenshot, please?

Cheers, Luís

• John

Luis,
    Access is again available for another ticket that was submitted; please disregard the issue of "annoying requests/popups" as we've decided to use Marketica for both the main site AND the sub-site stores, so it's working much better now.

Still unsure WHY we're not able to see, or do, as much as others are able to with regards to the plugins that are Network Activated already. Please let me know what else you need from me to further assist. Apologies for delayed responses, work & school full-time in addition to this, so I'm not always able to reach out quickly. Thanks...

John

• Luís

Hi John ,

I checked all your settings and compared with my install and I think everything are right. However, the "global" shortcodes are not being displayed.

Can you send us the FTP details of your website, so we can investigate further this issue? If yes, please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/information

Cheers, Luís

• John

Luis,
    Since it's again been well over 24 hours since getting a reply to one of my support requests (please see https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/global-short-code-issue), is there any chance you can have someone else take a look?

I was asked to send a copy of our DB because the support person felt that it may be tied to that, but there's no way to attach the zipped DB files and it's becoming increasingly frustrating dealing with all the nuances because of the change from WooCommerce to Marketpress!

Truthfully, at this point we're not likely to renew again with WPMUDEV since the support that we're paying for is just not that great, and often worse than the support that comes with free plugins or themes and online documentation for others seem to be much better. Sad to say, but it's true...

• John

Luis,
    Every time we come across an issue, and it gets resolved, within 24 hours another one arises?!? Has this plugin every actually done what it's supposed to do without issue, or is it something that we're continually doing? Really can't see that it's me, I'm pretty good at following instructions and catch on to things fairly quick!

Now after getting the DB issue resolved, our store page will only show a maximum of 21 items no matter what we set the global short code at when inserting it (right now there are almost 40 products available that should be showing up on that page?

What would you need now to view this, pretty sure access is still available under Network Admin for a super suer to view the primary site (www.frommy******yours.com/store). Please advise when you have a moment...

John

• Luís

Hi John ,

Sad to hear all the problems you are having.

I tried to replicate the issue on my install, but I was unable. Have you checked in network admin panel -> Settings -> Store Network, if all the products were indexed?

I tried to access to your admin panel, using the credentials sent in the email, but they didn't worked. Can you give enable the support access, so we can check your settings?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís