Marketpress - How do I make a "Sales Page"? And, What if I already have a Child theme?

HI,
Just purchased MarketPress so I'm a newbie! Want to install and integrate it on an existing Wordpress site that already has a child theme.

1. How do I make a "Sales page?" i.e. how do I make my PRODUCTS show up on individual, selected, particular pages and not on all pages or posts?

2. How do I use a MarketPress Theme like "FrameMarket/GridMarket" if I already have a child theme in my wp-content folder? :slight_frown: Customer wants a 3 or 4-up grid of products just like in the lovely Gridmarket theme, but won't Gridmarket overwrite my current theme?

thanks to all in advance for any help!
Barbara

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey Barbara,

Welcome to the Community!

If you want to use the Grid Market theme along with your existing theme, I would highly suggest you create the store as a separate installation. Of course there are plugins like Page Theme with which you can have a theme for a page, but having a separate WordPress installation has its own advantages.

- Different store like look and feel for the store.
    - Have different users / members of your staff manage the store, sales and stuff separately without them having access to the main site.
    - Install Store specific plugins if you want to and customize stuff the way you like.
    - Play with MarketPress and configure it the way you like without having to worry about messing up anything on the main site.

Downside: The only downside would be that you will not be able to have the products widgets or anything like that on the main site.

You can do this by installing a WordPress installation on a folder on your server, lets say /store/ and you can link it up from the main site. What do you say?

With that you can have the Grid Market theme installed and have the look you want.

How do I make a "Sales page?" i.e. how do I make my PRODUCTS show up on individual, selected, particular pages and not on all pages or posts?

You can do this using MarketPress shortcodes. You can find them in the Store Options > Shortcodes tab.

Like you can list all products using [mp_list_products] shortcode and list individual product using [mp_product]. You can read about the parameters these shortcodes can take from that page.

I hope this helps. Let me know. Good luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.