MarketPress — How to add "referred by/how did you hear about us" to checkout

I’m using MarketPress on an ecommerce site. My client would like me to add a question to the checkout process.

How did you hear about us? Friend, Social Media, Search Engine, Other

How can I add this to MarketPress? I’m sure the answer is already in the forums somewhere, but I’ve been looking for an hour and can’t find it.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Jenny,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Your requirement requires us to add custom field to checkout. And currently there’s no “click-and-point” way to add custom fields to checkout. This would most likely require custom development for which you may want to ask at our “Jobs & Pros” job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

However, as I agree that it would make a great feature, I’m moving this thread to our “Features and Feedback” forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the idea, thus giving our developers an incentive to include it in one of future releases of the plugin.

I’ll also ask one of our developers if it would be possible to provide with some sort of simple code snippet that would help you do this. Please note though that his response time may be a bit longer than mine here on support forum. I’ll keep you informed.

Best Regards,

Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Guru!

How do we add rewards for referral? or points for purchase which could go towards gifts?

We do have an “Affiliates” plugin that’s design to help you run your own Affiliate System on your site. It doesn’t work with MarketPress currently (it did with MarketPress Premium – previous version) but it will be integrated in future again.

There’s also a “universal” 3rd-party solution that should be possible to implement/integrate (with a bit of custom development):

http://mycred.me/

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.