Marketpress individual seller accounts through paypal

Hi,
Is there a way that I can set up users to have payments go through their own paypal accounts, and not going through chained payments?
For example, I would like a user (seller) on my network to be able to post a product on the site, then when a customer chooses to purchase their item, it directs the paypal information to the seller, creating a direct payment system. The trouble I'm having is finding a way for users to input their paypal information on my site, instead of putting in my own, as I do not want to chain payments. I have already installed Marketpress on a wordpress network, along with Buddypress. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey wydgt,

Chained payments is just one of many, sure you can allow your users to have their own Paypal checkout. You could also have it so free members paid you a % through Chained Payments and then premium site members get to use their own checkout, thus not paying you anything.

That can be achieved with Pro Sites:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites

In your Network admin, under settings click the MarketPress.

domain.com/wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=marketpress-ms

I've attached a screenshot. But you will see:

2Checkout
    Authorize.net AIM
    eWay Shared
    Google Checkout
    Manual Payments (Cheque, Postal Order, etc)
    MoneyBookers
    Paypal Chained Payments
    Paypal Express Checkout

There are then three levels of access:

All can use - Anyone site owner can use the gateway.
    Supporter Sites Only - Only people whom upgrade their accounts can use that gateway (Upgrades through Pro-Sites pluging)
    No Access - No one can use the gateway.

If you want them to use their own Paypal, just select "Paypal Express Checkout", with the access you want to that gateway.

If you don't want chained payments at all, then choose "No Access"

• jcandan

that's awesome!...but, mind if i chime in with a follow-up question?

this chained payments sounds like PayPal's Adaptive Payments program, which is very similar to Amazon FPS. I understand PayPal now offers deferred payments with this...

deferred payments can work like this:
    buyer commits to purchase, transaction takes place at a later time.

i.e. seller posts a product on your site, and unless a minimum total amount of all sales by a certain date is met, the order is cancelled. but, if criteria is met, all buyers' deferred payment commitments are completed and the orders processed.

A great example of this is KickStarter.com

Can we do something like this with MarketPress?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey jcandan.

this chained payments sounds like PayPal's Adaptive Payments program,

Same thing :slight_smile:

deferred payments can work like this:
    buyer commits to purchase, transaction takes place at a later time.

i.e. seller posts a product on your site, and unless a minimum total amount of all sales by a certain date is met, the order is cancelled. but, if criteria is met, all buyers' deferred payment commitments are completed and the orders processed.

Can we do something like this with MarketPress?

I don't believe there is yet support for deferred payments unless it works through the usual API. I'd have to do some more research to be sure. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.