MarketPress is Displaying "Buy Now" on Out of Stock Items

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a feature. The product listing page for all products displays a "Buy Now" button on products that are out of stock; though it does display "Out of Stock" in the individual product listing page.

For now, I've created two separate pages to display items in a "sold" category and an "in stock" category separately. As a temporary fix, I've hidden the "Buy Now" link in the page that displays items from the sold category using the CSS:

.post-xxx .mp_link_buynow {display:none}

(where xxx is the post number).

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi DDV

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member.

First off, the 'Buy Now' checkout button type is used if you want your visitors to immediately be able to purchase an item. In most cases you would leave it as the default 'Add to Cart' so they can continue to browse before finalizing their purchase.

Can you try to switch to the default 'Add to Cart' option and see if products display as 'Out of Stock' on this option?

I will flag the Developer as well to see if he has feedback / suggestions for you.

I look forward to receive your feedback.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• DDV

Hi GinaB, I've just figured out what it is: the store displays "Buy Now" links on all products that send customers to an external link (configured it to send visitors to the message form to enquire about listed items). Should have realized.

What would be good is an easy way to change the text shown on the button (one that doesn't involve editing plugin files).

thanks for your reply, GinaB.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.