MarketPress is not adding products to shopping cart

This is on a multisite install, it was working fine, now it stopped adding items to the cart. I tried on another dummy site on the same network and it worked fine. The site is http://delisuss.com/menu and the cart is on http://delisuss.com/menu/carrito

This is time sensitive since it was working and we were about to launch the site, but it stopped working.

The only modifications I have made to the plugin were to the language files to "improve" some of the spanish translation and to finish localizing some aspects that weren't localized. Other than that I have made no changes to the plugin. I have also re-installed it fresh from scratch overwriting my language files and that made no difference. I also deleted the DB entries for mp_ and then totally fresh installed again and it still is not adding products to the cart.

I have some JS running on the site and I also disabled that and still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated and I would gladly pay for someone to take a look at it if it is beyond the abilities of the support forum to fix.

Thanks Much!

• aristath
    • Recruit

Could you please send me your admin credentials so that I may take a closer look?

Send an email to aristath at incsub dot com
    - Include a link to this thread so that I may track this issue better
    - Include your admin credentials (user/pass). Please note that if this is a multisite installation I will need superadmin.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

ok so here's an update.

This site was supposed to launch already so since my other dummy site on the network was working, I decided I would just clone the site and use it over there. I cloned the site and everyhting was working just fine, then I mapped the domain back over using the WPMUDEV domain mapping plugin and guess what... it stopped working.

So I unmapped the domain and viola it all worked like a charm.

So I was thinking that the only thing I changed when things started going berserk on the original site was I changed the base url from /store to /tienda.

This makes me think that the problem is in the domain mapping when I set up the plugin. The solution would be to make sure the domain was mapped before I set up the store.

But I'd rather not, is there a way to totally blitz MP from my database and do a completely clean install? Or is there a way to fix it?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @jnkfrancis,
    If you go to Network Administrator => Settings => Domain Mapping you'll see that there are some warningson the top of the page (see attached screenshot).
    Could you try correcting those and see if it fixes the issue?
    Also I would advise you to disable any plugins that you do not use (for example the HTTPS plugin).

Cheers,
    Ari.

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

I did what you suggested and it had no effect either positive or negative. I keep moving it around to different spots, and it really seems to have something to do domain mapping.

So here is what I did last night:

I made a dummy site http://delisuss2.sendadisenoweb.com that is basically a clone of the original site. It works just fine no problems. then I mapped the delisuss.com domain to that site and blah it failed.

So I deleted the original delisuss.senda blah blah, and made a new one in a new table but used the same old name. The first thing I did was map the domain http://delisuss.com, then activate and set up MP then imported all the content ...

And it failed, never worked. the floating shopping cart also thew a big php error, but only when I am logged in: <small>
    <b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/jfrancis/public_html/sendadisenoweb.com/wp-content/plugins/mp-floating-cart/mp-floating-cart.php</b> on line <b>414</b>
    </small>

I unmap the site and it works. ( I remapped it so you can compare) the 2 sites are identical in every way, and the only varriable seems to be the domain mapping. I also commneted out those lines in the config file so I wonder what is going on...

it may be unrelated or it could be totally related but I also have a problem with an amazon s3 plugin, that worked with 3.4 but then the upgrade to 3.5 it doesn't work, on any of the half a dozen or so sites I have on this hostgator account, but strangely enough this one site works properly... I use the same set up and plugin on a bluehost server and it works fine... just throwing that out there if it helps sparkk something or just muddy the waters :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for looking at it by the way

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

to clarify about the amazon thing, I have 4 MU installs 3 on hostgator and one on bluehost and the one on blue hose works fine the 3 on host gator do not, except for the delisuss site in the MU network works, but none of the others work. just a curios thought but it may be a clue. Also I am not asking you trouble shoot that plugin just adding it as a clue :slight_smile:

• aristath
    • Recruit

I have just verified that this is a javascript/ajax issue.

I edited the marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php file in your installation. These are the changes that I have made:
    On lines 1799 and 1814, I changed mp_button_addcart to custom_mp_button_addcart.

All that does is prevent the ajax-cart script from being triggered when a user clicks on the add to cart button. So instead of an ajaxified cart, when they click on the add to cart button, the product is added to the cart and they are redirected to their cart to checkout. (Personally I like it this way...)

So the good news is that your store will work now!!
    The bad news is that I still don't know WHY this error occurred and what is caseing it in order to provide a better solution.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Was that helpful?

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

That is an ok first step I guess to get it working, but really I wish it would work as it is supposed to work. For one, we would love for people to buy more than one product, so this solution doesn't lend well for that.

Also I would much rather keep using nathan's grid, and your solution didn't effect his plugin...

Maybe could we make the after_you_Click_Buy action take the person to a page that says give the option to keep shopping or go to check out. that would be a better option for me.

But my main question is why does it work fine when the domain is NOT mapped, but the second it is mapped it breaks down. IN FACT if I add stuff to the cart while the domain is unmapped then map the domain the cart goes empty, then if I mess around it all still doesn't work, then I unmap the domain and the stuff I had in the cart before I mapped the domain is back in the cart. Does that make sense?

The problem has to be with the domain mapping.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Most times I am happy with a work around, but I'd really like it to work right :slight_smile:

Agreed. My previous solution was simply so that you get your business running again and don't lose any customers :wink:

I'll keep looking into this and hopefully @Barry will know what is causing this. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Was that helpful?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.