MarketPress Issue with checkout

Hello! I just launched the site, and have an issue that I can't figure out. I did some test transactions, and this is what I have come up with. First, I am using Paypal Express.

When I am logged into my Wordpress account, the transaction goes through perfectly (I checkout as guest). Then I log out of Wordpress, and checkout as guest again, and the transaction does not work. I get an error:

"12114 - Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - Invalid item URL."

I looked down the page and I get a message that says that the transaction is going to be processed through my Paypal account, even though I checked out as a guest, and put in an email that is not associated with a Paypal account.

The glitch is that even though I am checking out as a guest, Marketpress and Paypal are trying to process a Paypal account, and not the credit card info that I put in.

Please help.

Thanks!

• mediastead

@aristath, thanks for the reply! I actually went through a bunch of testing steps and figured out the problem. For the product I created, I wanted to make a more custom looking product page, so I actually created a regular page and used a shortcode to import just the product title, meta and add to cart buttons. What was happening though, is that when the product is added to the cart, it actually adds the product with a link to the product page that I didn't want people to go to ... so, I went to the product in WP and put a redirect to the regular page that I customized.

When Paypal goes through checkout, it cross references the product information by going to the product link, but because I had a redirect on the product, Paypal was actually just seeing a regular page and getting confused (which is why I got an invalid url error).

I still have the issue of how to prevent people from going to the wrong product page, because I want them to see the custom page I set up.

BUT, at least customers can check out!

Cheers!

• aristath

I still have the issue of how to prevent people from going to the wrong product page, because I want them to see the custom page I set up.

Perhaps instead of all that redirects etc that you've done it would be wiser to simply create a custom template file for your products...

What exactly do you want to show on your product pages?
    Could you please post a link to a product page on your site so that I may see how you want it to be?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• mediastead

Ari,

Custom templates would be a decent way to handle it. I think I'll give that a try.

I am still currently fine tuning everything on the site. I haven't gotten to the product and shopping cart sections yet.

The site is http://www.grindbrewlove.com

The product is "The Black Box". It is our only product at the moment, but we will be adding an entire store section soon.

You can mark this issue as resolved though.

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.