MarketPress item item display order

I am working with the MarketPress plugin, and I have created a page that displays all my products. I have told it to order them by "ID" however; there is no "ID" field when creating new products inside of MarketPress. I assume that it means "SKU" and I have created SKU numbers; however, when I have told it to order them by "ID" and I have told it "ascending", it is not displaying the items in the proper order. How can I get them to display by SKU? Or how can I set the "ID" if ordering by SKU isn't possible. Here is the page in question: http://www.mcgolf.com/pro-shop-products/

Thanks,
Sean McLellan

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Sean (@seanmclellan)

I hope you are well today,

By ID, it means the product ID, which can be found in the URlL of the product (see attached screenshot), I'm afraid that it's currently possible to sort by SKU, Maybe you could sort via title or date?

Below is the shortcode and all available attributes.

[mp_list_products] - Displays a list of products according to preference. Optional attributes default to the values in Presentation Settings -> Product List.

Optional Attributes:

"paginate" - Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset.
        "page" - The page number to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
        "per_page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
        "order_by" - What field to order products by. Can be: title, date, ID, author, price, sales, rand (random).
        "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC
        "category" - Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug
        "tag" - Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug
        "list_view" - 1 for list view, 0 (default) for grid view
        Example: [mp_list_products paginate="true" page="1" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC" category="downloads"]

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• seanmclellan

Is there a way to change the ID? And if not -- are there any plans or is there any way for me to put in a feature request for ordering by SKU, or by tag, or being able to change the ID? It makes sense that you would be able to put the products in a custom order that wouldn't be dependent on alphabetizing or by price....

I guess I'd just have to make a custom page and manually list all the products if I wanted a custom order -- assuming ID can't be changed?

Thanks,
    Sean

• Jack Kitterhing

Member is inactive, but still providing this response in hope it will help other members as well :slight_smile:

Currently there is no way to change that ID manually and there is plans that I'm aware to have the products searchable by SKU or similar, though I'll move this to the features and feedback area, to see what other members think on this feature request :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.