Marketpress-Items replace each other in cart rather than adding

I'm using a customized version of Gridmarket/Framemarket with MarketPress here: http://packers.hotdinosaur.com and I'm running into an issue that I'm stuck on. If I add an item to an empty cart, it adds just fine. However, adding an item to a cart with anything at all in it will cause the carts contents to be replaced by the incoming item. This is reflected in real time with the AJAX widget. Please let me know what I can do to add multiple items to the cart. Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there!

Did you make any customizations to the gridmarket shopping cart? or to that portion of the functions.php file?

Since you are using a customized theme it would be very helpful to know what you have customized :slight_smile:

Also, what are your settings for your shopping cart? Are you using global cart, multisite? Anything else you can offer on this would be great as well

Best,

Kimberly

• hotdinosaur
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberly,
    I don't believe I made changes to the shopping cart, and the only edits I've made to functions were removing reference to the google fonts I was trying to rip out of the theme. My main customizations have been css-oriented. I'm using the modern store style and the presentation options in the attached screenshot, and Paypal Express Checkout as the gateway. I'm not using multisite on this installation. I'm definitely willing to try anything you suggest. Thanks for the reply!

• hotdinosaur
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I've rebuilt my theme from new files and the only custom php in parent, child, and plugin is a single hardcoded widget but I still am unable to add multiple items to the cart without them replacing each other. If anyone has any wizardry to offer it would be much appreciated as I've been espousing the many benefits of this plugin to my client and apparently adding multiple items to the cart is outside the scope of said benefits. I can and will try anything you guys suggest, just need a direction to go in. Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

adding multiple items to the cart is outside the scope of said benefits

nah, it will do it, out of the box usually, I've seen it in my sandbox install plenty of times :slight_smile:

I've gone ahead and asked one of our great developers to step in here, I'm not quite sure what could be happening as I cannot seem to replicate the issue on my site

if you want to send the customized files I would be more than happy to test those on my install just to make sure it's nothing in the customizations

• hotdinosaur
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberly. I believe the entire MarketPress install is standard at this point as I installed a fresh version of the plugin last night. I could send the light tweaks made to the GridMarket child theme but I believe that would consist of the sidebar.php file, grid.css, and darkgreen.css, none of which seem to be tied to the cart process. I greatly appreciate forwarding this to the developers and I can create a test admin if necessary. Just let me know. Thanks again!

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@hotdinosaur, (Cool handle BTW). Was just chatting with Kimberly on this. I cannot reproduce this on my end. I'm using latest version of MarketPress, 2.5.9. Running a slightly outdated version of WordPress, 3.3.2.

You can see the public test site here. http://site5.media-tags.com/store/ (This is a Multisite install). I'm not sure what customizations you have in your theme. Best advice it to switch the theme to something standard like TwentyEleven or something. Test things out. Make sure the cart is functional. If things work correctly, meaning you are able to add multiple items to your cart then the issue lays somewhere in your customizations. Keep in mind the action of adding an item to the cart create some global session/cookie instances. So if something is for some reason cleaning the cookies then I would start there. If on the other hand switching to a default theme like TwentyEleven does not solve your issue let us know. This might be related to your hosting.

Is this a public site I can see?

• hotdinosaur
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I also see that your items say buy now, not add to cart, is that something I should try? Also see you have the prices listed. I had asked something in that vein earlier on a previous thread and was advised it would take some custom coding. Would you mind sharing how you implemented it on your site? Thanks so much.

• hotdinosaur
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@paul Thanks! My site is public: http://packers.hotdinosaur.com and the only customizations are CSS and a hard-coded UL widget in the sidebar area bc my client wanted non-alpha sorting in the categories widget. I just tested the cart with TwentyTen and the same issue is occurring. Only thing that I can think that is odd about this install is that I had a gap between updates of the plugin, maybe that caused some corruption to the MP table of the DB. I'm open to anything, particularly solutions that allow me to keep the products and their parameters intact. I can send a test login to your email if you so desire. Let me know!

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@hotdinosaur. If you were having trouble with say your products not being able to manage the information I would tend to agree there might be something with the missing update. But the cart is dynamic. Everything else seems to work correctly. Still checking things. I'll write back if I find something.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@hotdinosaur, I've taken you zip file and applied these to my local dev site. Still unable to reproduce the issue reported. And maybe I'm not understanding something. My local theme looks nothing like your public site. I was hoping I can get the actual theme you are using so I can help figure out something. But as you mentioned even switching to the default TwentyEleven theme does not solve the issue. At the moment I'm at a loss. Sorry.

Maybe we can review what other plugins you have running?

• hotdinosaur
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Paul, apparently you solved it with the URL catch. I had inadvertently set the homepage to /store which was doubling up the URL and causing the cookies not to match, I'd imagine. Regardless, resolved now, thanks so much for your effort, wouldn't have figured it out without you.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@hotdinosaur, Oh that is excellent news! Glad you took the chance and tried to do something with the URLs/permalinks. Still stance that this would effect MarketPress. I'll try and make it a point to look into this issue when I have some development time.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.