Marketpress & Karma Theme Conflict

I am having a challenge getting the MarketPress plugin to work properly on my site using the Karma Theme available from Themeforest. When activated a number of styling conflicts happen; two of the most noticeable are the 1/3 columns below slider on the homepage, and the social icons found in the footer menu & sidebar.

The most frustrating of them all is the display of single products, the product image is always cut off on the right edge and the product is stuck appearing as a post within the site's blog.

I am stumped and would really appreciate some assistance.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Daniel,

two of the most noticeable are the 1/3 columns below slider on the homepage, and the social icons found in the footer menu & sidebar.

This issue is created by some MarketPress styles that are applied globally and they are in conflict with some themes styles. I already reported this to developers so they should fix this in new release.
    For now, it can be fixed with additional CSS:

ul.social_icons.tt_vector_social_icons li,
    #content.content_full_width {box-sizing: content-box !important;}

The most frustrating of them all is the display of single products, the product image is always cut off on the right edge and the product is stuck appearing as a post within the site's blog.

About the bread crumbs there is not much we can do about that - this is your theme function and if it cannot support custom post types I can only advise to hide it on the product pages.

As for the image - styles from your theme are overriding MarketPress styles, but this CSS code will fix that:

#mp-product-gallery {margin: 0;}

You can
    a) add it to the child theme style.css file
    b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Daniel
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the help on this one, most of the CSS worked.

Since the theme primarily supported WooCommerce I reverted to using that instead of MarketPress to make life easier. Will use it on the next site we do.

Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.