Marketpress Limit Product For Each Prosites Level

I refer to this post at :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-and-marketpress-if-greater-than-x-products-must-create-pro-site

One of the member posted this:

"Hi!

I just re-installed MP 2.9.5.9 and saw this feature implemented! Please just enable the Post/Page module in MarketPress in your Network Admin->Settings->MarketPress and you should be able to define the max number of products in MarketPress per level.

Thank you guys,

Tin"

As I have the previous Marketpress 2.9.5.8 version, I quickly bought a new Marketpress 2.9.6 and reinstall to my server.

But when I go to Network Admin --> Setting -> Marketpress, I don't see the one stated by the member in the post where he got Post/Page module and can define the max number of products in MarketPress per level.

I have activate / deactivate the plugins for few times, and delete all the folder and reinstall it using Filezilla for few times also.

Am I missing something here?

Do I have to deactivate every previously activated Marketpress plugins to all my network site?

Or what step did I missed?

As I already late 2 months from launching my projects because of this limit products per level features, I really need help with this matter.

Thanks in advance

• Patrick

Hi there @Nizam

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Whoops, that's an error by the user who posted there.

The Posts/Pages module is a Pro Sites feature, not a MarketPress feature. So you will find it in Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways. (1st screenshot below)

Check the box there for that module and Save Changes.

You'll then see a new section under Pro Sites > Settings where you can set quotas for all your content types (2nd screenshot)

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Nizam

Hi Patrick.

Thank you for your fast reply.

However I'm quite dissapointed with the answer...

The reason why is that...

1) I already know that the Post / Page Quota modules is in the Prosites plugin but the problem is it is only for ONE LEVEL
    2) I want a LIMIT NUMBER OF PRODUCTS PER PROSITES LEVEL features.
    3) When I read the member post that when he reinstalled his MARKETPRESS to 2.9.5.9 the Post / Page Quota modules available in his MARKETPRESS plugins.

"Hi!

I just re-installed MP 2.9.5.9 and saw this feature implemented! Please just enable the Post/Page module in MarketPress in your Network Admin->Settings->MarketPress and you should be able to define the max number of products in MarketPress per level.

Thank you guys,

Tin"

Since I desperately need that features I re-purchased MARKETPRESS plugins in hope that it is available with the new updates.

Why I re-purchased it?

1) Of course because I really need it
    2) A lot of WPMU member ask for this "Product Quota Per Level" features, I thought with the new updates, you guys already make the magic happens for us.

I already installed Marketpress and Prosites and quite familiar with the plugins with all the modules in it since I tried to implement LIMIT NUMBER OF PRODUCT PER LEVEL features in my project for the past 3 months.

I tried the snippets or instructions provided by Aaron but yet all I got is only limit number of products for ONE level.

When I go through the support, I can see the features is much needed by a lot of member here as it is the most basic features that we need when we first bought PROSITES and MARKETPRESS and start on our project.

I know that we can give Limit for each Prosites level with Premium Plugins, Premium Themes etc but the one that we want is the LIMIT NUMBER OF PRODUCTS IN MARKETPRESS PER PROSITES LEVEL as it is the most valuable when we offer different level for our target market.

Can it still be done? (Like I told before, I already run through the whole AAron instructions but still cannot)

Thank you..

• Ash

Hello @Nizam

I hope you are well today.

Please use the code from here: https://gist.github.com/bappi-d-great/ba5575ad4063ae2e66ad

Here, you will see a $limits array. The indexes 0, 1, 2, 3 are level ID minus 1. That means index 0 represents level 1. Index 1 represents level 2 and so on...

And for the products value, you just need to give the highest limit for the respecting levels.

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.